Pretty shaken

One of our little ones in daycare had a seizure today. She had a few. Everyone worked really well together and made sure she was safe and ok , got her the ambulance and called her mom. We herded our other kids to another room and brought in our therapy dog. None of the other children saw anything and were enjoying the dog in another room.

Poor babe and mom. :(

Now in the aftermath I am pretty shaken. :(

Back when I worked at a drug rehab for teens, one of the clients was epileptic. We (as treatment aides) didn't know how severe her episodes could get. Had to have someone take a teammate out of the room because she was freaking out and trying to restrain her.

But I hear you. It's completely heart-wrenching, especially when there's very little you can do. And that was with a teenager. Couldn't imagine watching a child go through it.

Sorry you had to experience it. And wishing the best for the little girl. Definitely not an easy condition to struggle with in life.

It's very disturbing. I had a dog with juvenile epilepsy and he had cluster seizures which were very difficult to deal with starting at 5 months old. We had a New Year's eve where he was seizing every 60-90 minutes and we couldn't do anything until the animal hospital opened at 7 am. It was heart-breaking. With medication, we got him down to every 3-5 weeks, which was a great improvement, for the rest of his life. We made sure he had a great life and was never alone.

In the future, you might want to be prepared with whatever medication or procedures her parents and her doctors feel is best to do. It might be enough to simply protect the child and stay with the child until she comes out of it. You don't have to call an ambulance every time, only if the seizure lasts more than 5 minutes. The Epilepsy Foundation has a training program your aides can take.

Back when I worked at a drug rehab for teens, one of the clients was epileptic. We (as treatment aides) didn't know how severe her episodes could get. Had to have someone take a teammate out of the room because she was freaking out and trying to restrain her.

But I hear you. It's completely heart-wrenching, especially when there's very little you can do. And that was with a teenager. Couldn't imagine watching a child go through it.

Sorry you had to experience it. And wishing the best for the little girl. Definitely not an easy condition to struggle with in life.

Yes, it so hard to watch because she is only 2 years old. Plus 20 years ago I saw a 9 month old die from a seizure.

It's very disturbing. I had a dog with juvenile epilepsy and he had cluster seizures which were very difficult to deal with starting at 5 months old. We had a New Year's eve where he was seizing every 60-90 minutes and we couldn't do anything until the animal hospital opened at 7 am. It was heart-breaking. With medication, we got him down to every 3-5 weeks, which was a great improvement, for the rest of his life. We made sure he had a great life and was never alone.

In the future, you might want to be prepared with whatever medication or procedures her parents and her doctors feel is best to do. It might be enough to simply protect the child and stay with the child until she comes out of it. You don't have to call an ambulance every time, only if the seizure lasts more than 5 minutes. The Epilepsy Foundation has a training program your aides can take.

She has never had a seizure before. They think it is illness induced as she has been sick. So we will have to see what comes of it. She is being transferred to another city for neurological tests tomorrow.

She has never had a seizure before. They think it is illness induced as she has been sick. So we will have to see what comes of it. She is being transferred to another city for neurological tests tomorrow.

It's not uncommon for very young children to have "seizures" due to fevers. I had one with a very high fever and that's what a neurologist ruled.

Hopefully she will be ok!

I know how you feel. I used to work at a daycare, and a 15 month old in my care had a seizure and I remember every second of it. It was the first time she had one. The hospital assumed it might have been from a fever. I told her mother she hadn't been warm and hadn't been acting sick. I know what an ill child acts like. Months later, she had another seizure in her mother's car. She didn't have epilepsy, but I can't remember if they ever found out the cause or not.

That's great that you have a therapy dog at your business. I could have used one that day. When someone relieved me for a break after the incident, I just went into the bathroom and cried. Take care.

Great news! Our little doll went home last night and they think it was just a febrile seizure.

That is great news and I've heard of this happening. So sorry it shook you up. You care a lot and what I loved reading about was you didn't let your emotions get in the way of taking all the right steps to help her and the other children -you are her hero.

Archived