anyone had LASIK surgery?

I had it about 8 years ago, my myopia was -6 one eye and -7 the other, I couldn't see much without glasses or contacts.

The procedure was quick and painless, then I had to wear some ugly black glasses for a couple of days as I was extremely sensitive to sunlight, and I had 2 different drops to put in every few hours for a week I think. Also, I had a few follow up appointments at the clinic, to make sure everything was ok.

I had the Lasik in the morning, and my vision was blurry for the remainder of the day, but improved drastically upon waking up the following morning. I never made it to 20/20, but very close, I haven't needed glasses ever since. Last year it dropped again so now I have -.50 in both eyes, but it's barely noticeable, I still don't need correction (although it's free for the rest of my life).

I had no side effects, I did have faint halos driving at night for a few weeks, but they resolved quickly.

I am really happy I had it done, and would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to. Especially now that the technology is more advanced than 8 years ago!

I got it done over 10 years ago. Definitely money well spent.

From time to time my eyes still gets dry, but its a small price to pay not having to wear glasses or contacts.

The procedure took less than 10 minutes with minimal pain, and I saw better within the next day. I haven't checked my vision lately, but I would assume it is still close to 20/20 vision.

I would highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it done in 2007 when it was still in the infancy stages if you will. 10 years later and it was the best decision I made! My eyes are perfect. No dryness. The whole procedure took maybe less than 10 minutes. And it was well worth the money spent! Over time it probably would have cost the same amount as my contacts and solution, glasses, eye exams.

Archived