Ok guys. After two years of dating I finally left him. He was a literal sociopath. I didn't know at first and even when I found out I still gave it a chance. We broke up once before and he begged to be back with me. During that time he did not call or text. He had something that belonged to me and he wouldn't give up talking to me until I gave him another chance. That was about a month.

Fast forward after giving him that chance he lied and cheated constantly....I could never prove it, it was just a gut instinct. This time a noticed a woman was all over his Facebook. When I contacted her she knew who I was and everything about me. He denied that woman. Called me crazy told me she was nothing and tried everything in his power to keep us from talking.

She was loyal to him. She told me nothing about herself other than she was a lesbian that had feelings for him and was currently in a relationship with another woman. That she give him rides and money for drugs. It wasn't enough....I kept digging for answers. People that hated him came forward and told me he has cheated with multiple women and he begged them not to tell his precious kitten (me).

I had random unknown numbers texting me telling me he's been with other guys and girls trying to hook up with me....the whole thing was crazy....I didn't know what to do. He denied everything while promising to marry me and have children and be happy. I wanted my sanity back. So I put an end to it and pushed him away. I contacted this woman and screen shot my ex and I entire conversation. He became beyond angry so angry that he left her too stating that I was stupid and dumd and disloyal. I never cheated however I did tell him I met someone new and he called me a whole for that. It was insane.

My questions are. Why was he holding on to me when he had been involved with so many other women. I just don't understand....he is a herion addict and meth. I just been trying to love him and help him and he used me....I know, stupid. He wasn't like thato when we first met. He's a totally different person now. I Wana know what happend and why but he would never tell me the truth. Even now that he told me he hated me and plan to seek revenge.

Is he gana come back? Is he gana get revenge? His love for me was scary...I don't understand any of this. Has anyone had any experiences like this? I just Wana know if he would completely leave me alone. I don't love him but the feelings are still there and being single and alone at night suck I just don't Wana get suckered back in. Please don't judge it's complicated....also there is way more to this story if anyone is interested.

He wasn't like that when we met. And all I wanted to do was help him after I fell in love with him. I just wanted the person I fell in love with back and I'm 25. My parents aren't parents.

Unfortunately, he was like the when you met, but he did well to keep his illness hidden, while "future faking" with you.

Your last sentence, about your parents not being parents, will give you great clues as to why you've not only allowed this, but yes, you've become codependent in trying to fix him.

This isn't about hating yourself or having low self-worth, it's likely about some deep childhood emotional trauma which has trauma-bonded you to him, in hopes of fixing him, the way you wish you could fix what went wrong in your own childhood. Only then, will you be able to move from here to a healthy place, and find a healthy partner. But first, you need to break free from him and heal. A great therapist is definitely in line here.

This is horrible to deal with, and I am so sorry you are going through this. This isn't about him, but rather, about you and why you are staying, worrying about it all. You will never get back the "sweet, wonderful guy" you fell in love with, because he was an illusion. He's like the Wizard of Oz....just a small, sad man behind a false curtain.

He wasn't like that when we met. And all I wanted to do was help him after I fell in love with him. I just wanted the person I fell in love with back and I'm 25. My parents aren't parents.

Earlier you said you don't love him, now you say you were indeed in love. Oh dear, this isn't good. He will destroy you emotionally, financially Lord knows how many other ways.

You said your parents aren't parents. Tough childhoods, feeling you have no one, kinda leaves people vulnerable to fall into these co dependent messes. I'd suggest seeing someone. If it can't be a therapist maybe a trusted friend. You need a support system, please don't latch into this guy. So many seem to fall into the drug habit with their significant other.

Archived