My Ex of 5 years and mother of my child is in a rebound

So my ex of 5 years and I recently broke up, we have a 3 year old child together, after 3 weeks apart she decided to sleep with a coworker and start a relation ship with this guy, the reason for our break up was due to my excessive drinking, and sometimes not helping as much around the house. I was never abusive and hated arguing because she would usually yell instead of talking like a normal person, so I would at times just walk away from the argument.

The break up really hit me hard and made realize that I do need to change for the better specially for my child. It’s been almost two months and I haven’t drank since. She has noticed some changes in me and has started looking for me, her and her rebound have broken up after only being together for a month. She still communicates with him and insists on going to see him in person to speak about the break up, she says that it is only to make sure he knows that she doesn’t want to be with him anymore and to not make it awkward at work, I’ve told her that a phone call would be good enough to get the message across, but she still insists in seeing him in person. Her and I have spoken about fixing our relationship and we’ve been intimate a few times. What bothers me is that she takes her phone up and down where ever she goes even though is locked, and she at one point cries because she misses him, my concern is that when she goes see him, he may try to convince her to get back with him, or even sleep with him. She tells me I’m the only guy she will ever marry but idk, I’m confused as to what to do. Any advise?

Get yourself into a support group for alcoholics/problem drinkers like AA or personal/group therapy and work on yourself. Tell her that you love her but in order to maintain your sobriety and your self-respect you can't be in the middle of her indecision. Tell her you hope she stops talking to this guy altogether and when she finally does, she knows where to find you and if you're still single by then, you two can go get dinner or something and see how things go.

She's crying over not being with another man. Don't allow her to use you to help herself get over him.

This is no good for you. Concentrate on your sobriety and being a great father. She’s on another planet wringing her hands and crying over another guy! Distance yourself from that. That’ll mess you up. Your kid should come first..right in line with sobriety. Those are your biggest concerns

Archived