Just had a first date, I'm hooked, how can I push for a second date w/out being persistent?

Dimka

I went my first date a few days ago since a heartbreaking and scarring breakup last year, the date was short and super simple, but I think we covered a lot of ground. He and I both expressed interest in more dates and things we can do. Now ever since that date, I've wanted to go on another one. I had so much fun and I felt something I haven't felt in almost a year. I've already asked about when we could go on a second date and he said he doesn't know. I think it's the 'I don't really plan my days so it depends on the exact time.' and hopefully not the 'im not interested and not thanks' kind.

Anyways, yesterday I said 'how about sometime next week?' and he said 'yeee' (we're both 19 XD). He's in college and is off sometimes, but I don't know his entire class schedule, I work 6 days a week and am most available late at night. He stays up late so I think a late night date would work, but I dont want to push a time that will be undesirrable. By my freinds and family I've been told I've been doing a lot of thinkgs correct and I'm doing great despite my previous relationship (it was rushed) and I dont want to start making mistakes and being too persistant.

Right now I just plan on duct tapng my mouth shut as far as asking when we can go out next, but at the same time omggggg I want to see him again. I keep replaying the date in my mind and I have a lot more fun things planned. What can I do and what should I say to not be persistant, but yet try and get another date planned without waiting weeks between.

Thanks!

Dmitri.

You've already asked him twice, which might even scare him away. I'm sure that some guys like to be asked out, but in my experience, it's never once worked for me to chase a guy or ask him to get together again (at the very beginning) when he hasn't suggested it himself. In my opinion, it's best to let the guy make most of the effort until at least the fourth or fifth date about communication and asking to get together. In that way, you can gauge his interest and make sure he's just not accepting an invitation because he's too cowardly to reject you, even if he isn't into you. From what I've seen, and I know there are exceptions, even though it's the 21st century, a guy likes to do the chasing.

I know chemistry is strong when it happens, but contain yourself and have a wait and see attitude. Think of yourself as the treasure, and always consider whether a guy is compatible in all major areas with you and with how much time you spend together, and if he's treating you like the special person you are. If he ignores you and lets weeks consistently go by without contacting you, even if he's cute as hell, don't settle for that or go chasing after him. A guy who is crazy about you will show you that he is, over time.

Thanks for the advice, but anything optimistic? We’ve chatted for over a month and he is interested in me. We have a lot in common and he does want to see me more, he said it himself. Am I just simply over excited? I feel like a kid on the day before Christmas, and I have unwrapped one present and I have to wait til Christmas morning to open then rest😅🤷🏼♂️

I agree with Andrina that and you, OP, that you don't want to be overbearing, but I wouldn't be too quick to stereotype young guys as wanting to chase. 22m, I like being pursued instead of pursuing. Know a lot of other guys who are the same.

That said, if he's not reciprocating, that's a whole different thing. Nevermind pursuing, he's got to at least reciprocate!

Nobody has a crystal ball. You'll just have to wait and see what happens. In the meantime, and also if you do start dating him, always keep an independent life besides having a bf. You'll be a lot more appealing that way, versus making someone the center of your universe.

Archived