Milestone today!!

As of today i am free of medicine!!! Woohoo!!

Almost 4 year ago i got trigeminal neuralgia, the worst pain known to man, the suicide disease...a year later it was found out that a tumor in my brain was the cause, an acoustic neuroma.... from then on i got meds for the pain, very bad meds that are also prescribed for epilepsy, lots and lots of terrible side effects but without them was no option.

But i needed more and more and more the pain always came through.

2 years ago i had radiation for the tumor in hopes it would shrink and the pain would stop. Didn't work fast enough.

Last year i had brain surgery in March to try to fix the TN. Didn't work.... more pain and even needed morphine...

Removing the tumor wasn't an option because of its location and the risks i would get facial paralysis....

I then asked my doctor if it would help to remove a piece of the tumor to hopefully take off the pressure of the nerve.

Hasn't been done much before but he said he'd try

9 weeks ago i had another brain surgery and he did just that, removed one third of the tumor, thereby freeing the facial nerve, and only then could he see the problem!

Behind the tumor the facial nerve had twisted itself around and thát caused the pain, he put it straight again and covered it in a sponge and it couldn't happen again he said.

From then on they already immediately lowered the morphine and after that i could take of one pill every three days, scary at first because the meds gave me a safe feeling, but nothing happened.

And slowly more and more came off resulting in no more meds as of today!

Lots and lots of effects from lowering cause its essentially drugs that i took and my body got used to it and kept wanting it but i didn't give in and while those effects are bad, nothing is as bad as that pain!

Now i have my life back! And i was contemplating euthanasia last year!

It'll take getting used to this again and get faith in my own body again because I'm still scared of the pain and will be for a while.

But what a change! What a milestone!!

Party for myself!

Many of you know my story and struggle with this tumor and i had already put it in my journal but not everyone reads that so for everyone that supported me in these 4 years a big big thank you! Couldn't have done it without this much support!

xxx Sara

I know you know vic!! And you're absolutely right, one year and so much can happen, last year this time it was before my first surgery and it was scary as hell, one year later i have had two brain surgeries.... and so much in between!

Upwards from now on!

It was terrible for you of course but for me personally it was nice to have someone to share it with who really understood! Glad we're both on the other side now!

Absolutely you can get back on with your life ! Get back to working ,get back to relationships get back to even just having a normal day . As we both know on those meds even being awake is a miracle . You become so sluggish, your memory disappears and half the time you don’t even know what’s happening because your brain can’t respond quick enough .

you're absolutely right! Those meds are terrible!

I'm so looking forward to working again, been at home now four almost 16 months, bizarre! I will never complain again about wanting more vacation of being tired!

I am in a relationship though lol that happened during all this, he was there for me every step of the way! But i don't want it you be like with my ex, so we're taking it slow and just have fun together! We've been official now since late September..... so still new lol....i have mentioned him in my journal before.....R.... the same lol

you're absolutely right! Those meds are terrible!

I'm so looking forward to working again, been at home now four almost 16 months, bizarre! I will never complain again about wanting more vacation of being tired!

I am in a relationship though lol that happened during all this, he was there for me every step of the way! But i don't want it you be like with my ex, so we're taking it slow and just have fun together! We've been official now since late September..... so still new lol....i have mentioned him in my journal before.....R.... the same lol

We both have an R, that is awesome!

'14 got TN

'15 ben. brain tumor

'16 radiation

'17march brain surgery + tumor shrunk!

'17Nov 2 another brain surgery, remove part tumor!

'18 Jan 18 no pain, no meds, no kidding!!!

HooorAyyy, Sara! This is the news we've all wished for you, and I'm so happy you shared this with us!

Happy NEW year, baby! I hope it becomes your best year ever.

((((Big fAt HUGGG!))))

Love, Cat

Archived