NC and a thank you to you all

pillowsham12

Hello All,

I have been a lurker for the past two months, break up happened during the end of November, we had contact throughout December and currently on NC for 10 days. I just wanted to say by being on here reading stories of people going through the same thing that I have been going through for the past 2 months has really helped me cope during this time. I just wanted to make this thread to vent and get my thoughts out when there are times you want to reach out and lose emotional self control. Although my situation I was not the best version of myself to my ex and did cause the breakup, reading stories and hearing peoples struggles and successes has really helped me put things into perspective that you cant change past and you can only change what you can control and what is in the future. Once again I want to say thank you to all of you all who by reading your stories has provided me with comfort and strength to push forward!

• 2 months later...

Just bit of an update, 2 months of NC and out of the blue Birthday was yesterday and got a happy bday text from the ex. Sigh, just when you start healing and moving on, that text has sent me back to square one :(. I also think about the moment when my brother came out to me in august and she was there and witnessed such a moment, I don't know why but today I can relive that moment like yesterday. Sigh, it can only get better from here.

Hey Pillowsham,

Firstly, Happy belated Birthday for the day before yesterday.

I hope you had a good one (apart from the text!).

Yes, you may feel back to square one temporarily, but I can assure you you have made progress with the 2 months of NC beforehand.

Did you respond?

Just ensure to keep moving forward and not look back.

We are all here.

Welcome Pillowsham. We are all here in the same boat. Please don't hesitate to reach out and vent whenever needed. We all know about set backs, but be sure to learn and grow. Stay no contact.

You also said you caused the breakup, but please give yourself a break and learn from it. Do not beat yourself up about what has already happened. This will only hold you back more and add to depression.

Mitch

I received a happy birthday messags last week and it hurt it did. Said thanks and left it as that! The message had a very corporate friendly find like you would send a female who you have never been intimate with! It was wired and sad to think he has been part of my life for 7 years and now we are strangers. Be strong.

Yea it’s very odd what did the message say, surprised my ex remembered my bday considering I do not have her on social media thought she woulda deleted my number by now. Oh well, no need to over analyze it keep pushing forward and learn from your mistakes and grow as a person which I have done.

Archived