True intentions

glennybobby4

So the question is, because I’ve said and done things before with another girl; saying I love you, waiting on her hand and foot, doting on her and buying flowers, etc etc etc.... how do I make my current girlfriend believe my intentions, words, and actions are the real thing? What am I supposed to say or do to her the make her believe me?

Continue to reassure her thru your actions, words can be comforting but if your actions match your words then there won't be any need to doubt your true intentions. In this life different people manage to have different impact on us and bring out different feelings. If she's special to you make sure you try your best by not disappointing her and giving reasons to doubt anything you say. Be yourself and most importantly communicate no matter what. And if you stay true to yourself then everything should be fine.

If you're doing your part then she should reciprocate as well because a relationship works only when the two involved are involved.

I think you're talking about basically building trust. And you build trust by being consistent in how you interact with her. Don't go off talking to other girls or hanging around with your guy friends without her. Include her in your life and tell her how you feel. Be a real person and she'll believe you're real.

So the question is, because I’ve said and done things before with another girl; saying I love you, waiting on her hand and foot, doting on her and buying flowers, etc etc etc.... how do I make my current girlfriend believe my intentions, words, and actions are the real thing? What am I supposed to say or do to her the make her believe me?

Doing these things with one girl does not invalidate your feelings for another girl. If your girlfriend doesn't believe this, it is actually her problem and you can't solve it.

You don't "make you girlfriend believe" anything. You just be yourself and act how you feel, and if she doesn't "believe" your feelings, that's her issue to work through. You should never have to convince someone that you love them. You just love them, and they can feel it through your actions.

Trust is given, not earned. Going out of your way to prove your trustworthiness beyond very simply following through on your word is an absolutely awful precedent to set.

Were you doing these things with the other woman while with your current lady?

Archived