The it's over text message

Teekymitchell

The it's over text message

Hi, I wanted to share this text message I got from a guy I was seeing for a few weeks.

I guess I want to know your thoughts. Was i just a number? Was he just not that into me? Is he too fkd up to give me a chance? Rejection is hard, and I haven't experienced it since I was 14. So I just want some thoughts. Cheers!

i am very sorry but i don't want to lead you on. I don't think we would work out.

You see i am something of a womaniser and i am not proud of it... this year i have decided to try and be a better person.

Like i said, i think you are a nice enough girl

but im afraid i think... in fact i know.. that you and i wouldn't work out.

Im sorry and i know that probably stings like hell and believe me i know what that feels like... its not nice and i feel horrible doing it. But still, its better this way.

I shouldn't have let things get as far as they did but im trying to be honest about it now so you have some closure...

You're a nice girl, and there are plently if guys out there who would love a girl as affectionate as you.

You will make someone very happy one day... just not me. And not because you couldn't but because i know myself and what i am like.

Please don't keep drawing this out... it will be better for you in the long run.

Like i said i am sorry, this is my fault and i am an i know... trust me you wouldn't want to be with me.

Don't make this a long drawn out goodbye okay?

Take care of yourself and keep your chin up

To be honest, he sounds annoying and dramatic.

Be glad he's gone! Sounds like he has some personal issues he needs to work out.

Did you respond? If not, I wouldn't bother replying at all. It sounds like he's looking for attention.

Best thing you can do is ignore his message altogether, go NC, and move on.

He knows you and he are looking for different things, and he is judging himself for not valuing highly enough the kind of attributes you offer.

You weren't just a number; he appreciates you. But he isn't serious, he doesn't want to be responsible to anyone. And to you, he doesn't want to be irresponsible (or moreso).

So he has to end it.

Its not about you at all, really. Its about the fact that he doesn't want to be a match, for anyone.

Two thoughts:

1) When a man tells you who he is, believe him.

2) He sounds quite presumptuous to me. You only had a few dates with him, yet he's acting like you're going to fall all over yourself trying to save this.

"Please don't keep drawing this out". Puh-leese.

Sounds like he thinks he's quite the prize.

Thanks guys this is all really useful and encouraging advice.

It was just so weird. We went 3 weeks of non stop contact with messages and spent 3 nights together overall.

I knew he was a tough one to get but he did say several things to me that made me think he was into it.

I did get a little over texty on him and he did ask me to chill a couple of times but as he got more distant, the more I wanted to just know if it was done or not.

I messaged him that originally a couple of weeks ago and he replied that he was going to let me go, I reminded him of his ex and he is not repeating any past mistakes. I did get a bit drunk and messaged a few times saying please give me another chance I didn't mean to get al silly etc. but had backed of for last couple of weeks and then he sent me that yesterday.

I don't know. I'm already not emotional about it anymore, but I was really into him and thought we clicked unbelievably.

I guess I want him to almost say, I just lost interest and not into it, rather than we could not work.

But I never mentioned anything about a relationship or being an us anyways.

This is new to me after not being single since I was 15 so everything is just like whaaaaat??

Ahh, I get it. You are new to the wild woods of adult dating. There is no peer pressure to conform to a standard like there was in youthful times. People date for entertainment, for an ego boost, for sex. There are people who never end it. They want all options available. People who say you're amazing, but are totally unavailable for any real connection. People who date right up until their wedding day. There is no normal.

The fast build up is a red flag... now that we are adults, go slow. Its a way of seeing someone's character.

This guy sounds like he needs to get off his high horse. You only dated a few weeks. Why the need for such a dramatic text? And why would he think that you would draw it out? Sounds like a lot of fluff and insincere to boot. He's acting like you're devastated or something lol He did u a favor :)

Archived