Can online dating apps such as Tinder lead to a serious relationship or even marriage?

Lilly26

Hi Lovely People,

This a question which is big in my mind and I’d really appreciate your inputs.

You see back in the days say in the early 2000’s or even late 2000’s apps like Tinder and so forth weren’t really our ways to meeting our potential GF/BF, at least for me.

Now that we are in this new era of Tinder and so forth which have a reputation of being merely a hook up app, what if I met a decent person like myself, ok we have had sex but amongst all the other things like walk in the parks, dinners etc....?

Are there cases out there of successful long term relationships from this new situation we are in.

As for myself the reason I d/l the app was O work a lot and don’t have much of a social life and even my social life are just get togethers with my girlfriends over wine.

As for him he travels for work extensively as a consultant so basically he is in town 2-3 days a week. Thou I have to say, when he is traveling he regularly msgs me and keeps saying how much he can’t wait to see me.

I try to stay positive but what is this hook up culture everyone talks about? I hope that’s not my case and I’m just being paranoid.

Tinder is not a site I had luck w/finding someone who wanted a relationship, people have had luck, but not me. I learned ways not to get tricked even if the guy seems super convincing and nice. He may be on the level or just looking for a booty call, only time will tell. Take sex out the equation and se if he genuinely wants to be w/you, if he disappears, he wasn't serious. In the future, if you want a relationship, wait awhile to give out sex, to see if the guy genuinely wants you.

Yes I believe it can. Tinder is known as a hook up site, however its up to people what they actually want to do after meeting.

I met my Ex female friend on Tinder, met whilst I was overseas had an online "relationship" for 10 months whilst she moved to my country to study, were "together" for 3 months in person before she left for someone else.

Tinder, like any platform is a facilitator. No different to RSVP, oasis active ect.

It's not so much the app that counts but what you are looking for and how you conduct your dating life and dating requirements. For example, does this guy have women lined up wherever he goes? Are you looking for an exclusive relationship, casual dating? Does he actually reside in your area or does he have a wife/family elsewhere? It doesn't matter if it's Match, eharmony, farmersonly, whatever. What matters is your criteria and dating style.

he travels for work extensively as a consultant so basically he is in town 2-3 days a week.

Any dating site can give you a good match, whether that person is looking for a relationship or not depends on the person.

I feel no matter which site you use if you meet a good match they may have not been looking for someone but if they find someone they may change their mind.

Some sites are more people just dating for fun while others are filled with people looking for something serious.

Try to use different sites and hopefully you meet some good people....

Good luck

I'm a 40 year old divorced mom and I started online dating over a year ago. I didn't use Tinder because I thought it was for the younger crowd.

I met quite a few men, went on a bunch of 1st, sometimes 2nd dates. I had fun getting to know different people and learning what I liked in a mate and what I definitely did not.

About 10 months ago I went out with the most wonderful guy and we've been together since. He's everything I wanted and more. It definitely didn't happen overnight and I had to "kiss a lot of frogs", but he was well worth the wait.

• 1 month later...

While Tinder was initially known for hookups, it is now more legit.

It started as a way to have a geographically desirable hookup right then & there, with location-based info letting users know they were only x amount of distance away from each other.

Recently, though, "everyone" has gotten onto Tinder. You'll see the same faces on Tinder that you see on Match and the other traditional sites. So, Match and the other sites now have swiping-apps to compete with Tinder. Seems everyone wants to swipe.

I went to a Tinder wedding 2 years ago, and they are now expecting a baby girl. So yes, it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
While Tinder was initially known for hookups, it is now more legit.

It started as a way to have a geographically desirable hookup right then & there, with location-based info letting users know they were only x amount of distance away from each other.

Recently, though, "everyone" has gotten onto Tinder. You'll see the same faces on Tinder that you see on Match and the other traditional sites. So, Match and the other sites now have swiping-apps to compete with Tinder. Seems everyone wants to swipe.

I went to a Tinder wedding 2 years ago, and they are now expecting a baby girl. So yes, it happens.

That’s so funny I like that term tinder wedding I’ve also herd of Tinderella

I was in some dating or chat apps or sites and I met different kind of guys. Mostly, they are just into a flirty thing. I became really careful and I did not make meet ups, except for one guy who I found that has a real heart. I found him very honest and different from other guys.

I met him at a chatting site last October 2016. And we just celebrated our first year anniversary last January 7, 2018. We are living together for almost 1 year now. We are currently happy.

I would say that there is a possibility that you will find "the one" in a dating or chat apps.

I can only 100% say that you can find your "forever" from that dating sites if I am already married to that guy.

Archived