Strict\judgemental family

Madd

So, I still live with my parents (I'm 18) they are involved in a fairly common religion, which has a lot of strict rules and principles. Although I respect there beliefs and I do admire there outlook on life, I don't follow the religion myself. One of the rules that I must obey as a person living under their roof, is that I mustn't be out past 10:30pm. Which to most would be pretty fair, I myself think it's pretty fair too.

Anyway I fell in love with the love of my love, a true book worthy romance. Together for 6 months, in which time I travelled 2 hours a day (4 hours to get there and back) for maybe 4 or 5 days a week to get to his house, he lives alone.

Anyway I did this a lot, often he would go half way back with me, we would have dinner together and walk around the city or do other activities.

Everything was going great. He said "I love you" only a few weeks ago, (the start of our relationship was a bit rocky due to some other problems) anyway we confessed our love, I met his mum and sister. All was well I had met his friends, we all got along really well.

I thought everything was great, life was finally decent. And then he takes me to the park by his house, telling me he didn't think we could do this anymore, we had previously talked about how I was unable to stay the night at his due to my parents beliefs, he respected it and it wasn't a huge issue as we could have sex whenever we wanted at his place (to which we did of course)

So he said with him starting full time schooling, that he didn't think we had enough time together enough for him.

I asked him what he proposed we do, I said I would move out if I could but I had recently been fired from my job, and was still looking for another job, but at this point could not afford to move out.

I then assumed he would ask me to move in with him as that seemed to be logical. But he didn't even mention it. He started to cry, saying that he loved me and that he hated that it was happening this way. But he wasn't ready for me to move in with him, which I respected that seemed fair it's a big commitment.

I said that I would try to move out as quickly as I can but I wasn't sure how long that would take.

But he just said he didn't want to wait he wanted to break us up because I couldn't move out right this second and that it could take me a while to find a job and save enough to move out.

It's killing me, we both cried for hours, him saying that he thought this was best for us.

Please help me what do I do. We still talk, crying everytime talking about how we felt sick all the time and missed eachkther like crazy. But nothing has changed yet.

I need help, I need someone to tell me what to do.

Should I fight for this relationship? Or just let it go.

He truly couldn't be better, he is smart, he is gorgeous, he is so selfless, respectful, he loves me dearly and he has very few flaws. He really is the guy I always imagine to marry. I Love him more than life itself.

Help me.

Thank you for reading

I think that you need to keep the good memories and move on. Sadly, you can't save a relationship all on your own and he is not on board on saving it. He may have had a lot of nice qualities but your ex also had serious flaws, lack of resolve and communication skills to name some. He gave up because things were tough. It sounds like he did not alert you to his misgivings prior to the break up. He just gave up.

The best thing would be to stop all contact with him so as to clear your head and start healing. You have him on a pedestal. In time you may come to realise that he was not as invested in your relationship as you were. Actions speak louder than words. Someone who loves you dearly will never let you go. He may have been nice but he was not the one. Good luck with your healing. The pain shall pass. One day at a time.

Two issues here.

The first, you have a curfew. Unless you move out, you need to abide by the rules.

Second, he's not ready for you to live with him, and understandably so.

What is off putting here is that you were doing all the traveling to him. Why is that?

He felt this wouldn't work out any longer, and you have to respect his wishes.

In time it may change, when circumstances change, but for now, learn to accept it.

Try hard to not fall into the friends one where you still get together like you were,

because that will give him the freedom to date others while still having you around if he wants.

It may not be over forever, it just appears the timing is off for you right now.

You are still so young, whether it's him in the future, or someone else, you will find happiness again.

For now, concentrate on employment and working towards being on your own, so that you can

have the freedom to pursue life without a curfew imposed. I know that's difficult at 18 :(

Archived