LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Broke up with gf

Broke up with gf

So back story 4 months into the relationship. She knows about while she hasn't met my friends she knows of them. I know not much about her past.

I do know on her b'day her ex of who she broke up with 4 years ago cheated with her by buying a hotel room for him and another girl across country and told her he had to help a friend fix a car.

Fast forward she hasn't dated in the past 3-4 years or introduced her family to anyone since. Her family didn't like him at all. I have met her family multiple times they absolutely love me and told her not to let me go.

Well now to the current situation. I came home one night she was on the phone and hung up as soon as I entered. I asked if she was talking to her mom and she tells me no just a friend. I said oh who is that she goes just a friend. I was like well I hope your friend with no name is doing good. She finally tells me it's one of her girlfriends. She offered to show me or call her back to which I replied I don't need you to show me.

I do spend a lot of time with her at her house and she comes to me this week. Saying a guy friend is coming into town for the weekend and I said oh great what do you all want to do? She tells me that she thinks it's best I'm not around this weekend as she will be entertaining and that she doesn't want me staying there during the day or night while she is out she will feel bad.

I asked if I could join them she said she thinks it's not the best right now at least. She tells me he's not a really close friend and that I've meet her close friends and family and this meeting shouldn't be a big deal. She says in time she will introduce me.

Well my red flags went off all over the place. Her is this guy your going to spend the weekend with you won't mention their name just a friend, you won't even offer to introduce me and you tell me to disappear for the weekend.

Needless to say I packed all my stuff and left.

Platinum Member
    I think you made the right decision. Something is up.

"She tells me he's not a really close friend and that I've meet her close friends and family and this meeting shouldn't be a big deal. She says in time she will introduce me.

Well my red flags went off all over the place. Her is this guy your going to spend the weekend with you won't mention their name just a friend, you won't even offer to introduce me and you tell me to disappear for the weekend."

What happened when you left?

She called and text like something I've never seen before.

Tells me since this is such a big issue she is just not going to see him now and stay home.

I told her that staying home doesn't change anything just proving she will do whatever it takes for me not to meet this so called not close friend who is flying 3 hours to see her and she has not once brought up and that she tells me I can't be around when he's here and that they will be together all weekend and that I can come back next week.

She was peaceful when I picked up my stuff last night but today she told me she doesn't wish me happiness, hopes all my relationships fail , that she was the best thing to happen to me and I won't find better and she hopes I don't and that that would be her last text to me and to not contact her.

Well she's now sent like 10 messages in 30 minutes since telling me how she will miss me how I am making the worst decision of my life and that she wishes me well.

I haven't responded since she told me not to contact her.

The guy is flying in tonight I told her she knows what she needs to do to address this if she really cared for me.

She told me I am forcing her either introduce me to him or I'm gone. And that she won't be forced. I told her I won't put up with someone who should be my partner doing something so disrespectful and I told her my concerns for days and she still told me basically too bad I'm going no matter what.

Originally Posted by AloneNoMore
    She told me I am forcing her either introduce me to him or I'm gone. And that she won't be forced. I told her I won't put up with someone who should be my partner doing something so disrespectful and I told her my concerns for days and she still told me basically too bad I'm going no matter what.
    I would respond the same way you have.

Something is off.

Best to cut and run now.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by AloneNoMore
    She called and text like something I've never seen before.

Tells me since this is such a big issue she is just not going to see him now and stay home.

I told her that staying home doesn't change anything just proving she will do whatever it takes for me not to meet this so called not close friend who is flying 3 hours to see her and she has not once brought up and that she tells me I can't be around when he's here and that they will be together all weekend and that I can come back next week.

She was peaceful when I picked up my stuff last night but today she told me she doesn't wish me happiness, hopes all my relationships fail , that she was the best thing to happen to me and I won't find better and she hopes I don't and that that would be her last text to me and to not contact her.

Well she's now sent like 10 messages in 30 minutes since telling me how she will miss me how I am making the worst decision of my life and that she wishes me well.

I haven't responded since she told me not to contact her.

The guy is flying in tonight I told her she knows what she needs to do to address this if she really cared for me.
    Why haven't you blocked her????? Stop the drama!

Bullet dodged! She sounds awful!

Platinum Member
    "he guy is flying in tonight I told her she knows what she needs to do to address this if she really cared for me."

I think she had already showed you, when she wanted you out of the way.

First of all KUDOS to you for actually getting your stuff, leaving and dumping her. Takes guts and self respect and truly hats off to you for that.

That said, I'll just echo the others on here that it was totally the right call. Unfortunately it is exactly what it looks like and good on you for not putting up with it like some doormat. Note how she is raging but the one thing she won't do is introduce you two. That's really all you need to know to confirm that you read the shady bs correctly.

Now do yourself a favor and go ahead and block her. You really don't need to listen to another word of bs or raging abuse coming from her. You made the right decision to cut her off, now finish the job. The only thing you will miss out on here is not being with a cheater.....I mean arrogant, in your face, not even trying to be subtle about it cheater. Talk about zero respect to you, "hey babe, got this guy "friend" coming into town, go ahead and make yourself scarce."....like....wow....lol....

Here is the text from earlier before she started the oh I miss you and wish you the best

"This is my last message. After this I donít want you responding. Just to be clear I donít wish you happiness. Youíve made me start to resent you. And I wish you keep having failing relationships. You really donít deserve anything else because for you there is no compromise in a relationship. Like I said. Dorm respond. Iím done with you. "

Now the part she didn't respect is before this I told her I didn't want any further communication from her over text or phone.

I wished her all the happiness in the world, I told her I wish she is happy and finds someone that makes her happy. Someone who will accept this disrespect. I told her I hope this weekend is worth it and that it is everything she hopes or wishes it would be and more. Nothing but good vibes from me to her I actually want to take the higher road ( didn't always in the past ) and treat her with respect even if she doesn't deserve it.

Not once in 3 days has she said you know what your right I want and you should be involved. Instead just constant telling me why she is right.

No one in their right mind in a relationship would be ok with their spouse or so going off with anyone doesn't matter the gender that they not only are so vocal about you not invited but outright refuses you to meet this person but there was absolutely no issues meeting everyone else.

Right...well...she has already show an obscene amount of disrespect toward you, so why do you expect her to suddenly respect you, respect your wishes and stop contacting you spewing bs at you? Just block her already for your own peace of mind. She showed you who she is - believe her.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice