Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He chose his lodgers side so I broke up with him but still love him

Kizzy

He chose his lodgers side so I broke up with him but still love him

I just broke up with my boyfriend of one year because 4 months ago he let a friend move into his house with him she asked him ,and in turn he asked me if it was ok I said yes. she was only supposed to be there until she got herself together after she split from her husband. I had a go at her one night my boyfriend took her side said I shouldn't of done that. Not one of my friends think it was ok for her to live there anyway I got fed up with the whole suituation so broke up with him , thing is I still love him he told me he loved me and had never connected with anyone the way he did with me if this is so how could he let me go ? Was I wrong ?

Capricorn3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzy [Register to see the link]
    he asked me if it was ok I said yes

Was I wrong ?
    He asked you. You agreed and said yes. So, yes, I would say you were wrong. Unless there's a lot more to the story .......

wom360
    if this is so how could he let me go ? Was I wrong ?
    So you used breaking up as a manipulation tool to get him to agree with you and chase you back? Nice. Iíd advise your ex to move forward and never look back.

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    What do you mean you "had a go at her"?

Kizzy

i told her in a not too polite way to stop leaving all her stuff around the house
    I

j.man
    Sounds like you did your boyfriend a favor.

Kizzy

As in ? Please explain

rosephase
    i told her in a not too polite way to stop leaving all her stuff around the house
    I
    It's not your house. Going into someone else's home and telling them how to live is incredibly rude. It doesn't matter that she's only there temporarily.

Don't break up with people you want to stay with. Breaking up to get your way in a fight is immature and messy. And now you have to live with the choices you made.

boltnrun
    Platinum Member
    Is it your house?

milly007
    Platinum Member
    Yeah, it doesn't sound like you were actually okay with her moving in.

And instead of talking about it with your boyfriend, you agreed to her moving in, internalized your frustrations over the living situation, and then as a result, lost it on your boyfriend's friend when she was leaving things around his house. My guess is that you lost it on her not as a result of her leaving things around the house, but because you didn't like the fact that she was living there.

Unfortunately, this all back-fired.

Were you hoping that by breaking up with him, he'd kick his friend out of the house and ask for you back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Is this 'normal' or should I consider professional help?
Hi all 2 and a half weeks ago, I ended things with the girl (call her J) (we're both mid 30's) who I'd been dating for 4 and a half months. In the
I just broke up with my boyfriend of one year because 4 months ago he let a friend move into his house with him she asked him ,and in turn he asked
Should I do it?
Maybe itís because Iím such a nostalgic person, Itís going to be a full year since our breakup las January. I still think about her every f*cking day
Reaching a stage of anger and regret post break up
Reached the stage of anger post break up And I donít know how to deal with it. Iíve been doing everything adviced. Itís been approximately 2
No contact after 3 months.
Ex and I broke up 3 months ago. Weíve kept in limited contact. Always cordial and friendly. We do not have kids, or mutual assets that require
How do i respond to this?
Me and my ex broke up like two months ago we've had no contact whatsoever. She randomly text me a few hours ago asking if I had a few pieces of
Really struggling to get over my ex of 6 years
I feel like it only gets worse, and i feel more and more heartbroken, and I miss her more with each day, thatís not the way it suppose to

Featured Threads
Moving in together with my almost one year boyfriend but one big issue
Dear All, I haven't been back here for a while now. I have decided to post here instead than in the "pets" section, because I didn't want to
Back from the holidays: waiting for him to contact me
I am back form my holidays. I went away three weeks. We had two great dates before I went away. During the holidays we texted a few times, the
Should I do it?
Maybe itís because Iím such a nostalgic person, Itís going to be a full year since our breakup las January. I still think about her every f*cking day
I just broke up with my boyfriend of one year because 4 months ago he let a friend move into his house with him she asked him ,and in turn he asked
Feeling unsure after 4 years and before marriage
Me and my fiancť are together for 4 years now, both in our mid 30s, had an engagement not long ago. We live in [B]MY [/B] apartment. I feel
Broke up with gf
So back story 4 months into the relationship. She knows about while she hasn't met my friends she knows of them. I know not much about her past. I
Girlfriend having abortion and says she needs time to herself. What do I do?
Hello, this is my first post in this forum and I am struggling and need a lot of help. 2 weeks ago my girlfriend found out she was pregnant, we are
Ask For Advice