Loss for words

I have been in a relationship for 2 years now. Moved in last summer. That’s when I noticed what didn’t use to bother me now did! My boyfriend was talking to his female friend everyday. What I thought was a friendship turned out to be something more. He would tell her things he never would tell me. He told me they never dated which was a lie. One day after a couple months of living together I noticed he wouldn’t snap chat or snap chat text her around me. So I was curious one day I got his phone an seen a message that I think she accidentally saved saying I like how you tease me an you’re so flawless. ( he has never called me flawless or let alone calls me beautiful) So I asked him about it, an told him I didn’t want him talking to her anymore had him block her on snap chat an his phone. Then his birthday comes around she messages him through Facebook saying how she misses him an such in a long message. An he messages her back saying how he thinks about her more then he should an he misses talking to her all day everyday. when he barely talks to me cause supposedly he is so you call it too busy at work. My feelings of him talking to as been right so far. Now here we are in Jan and I just feel like he is talking to her and every time i has brought up the issue in the past he got mad and turned it around on me. Like it was my fault. Cause I don’t trust him. Well no it’s hard to trust someone when they lie to you about another female or just in general. We are both in our late 20s an I’m getting to the point where I’m don’t with this bull. I moved 3 hours away to be with him from my family my job. I’ve been living with him for a year now. I just don’t know what to do.

The things he is doing, both to you and with her, are only going to get worse as time goes on... I realize it's not an easy decision as you have been a part of his life for a few years and are living together, but trust me when I say that as long as you continue to put up with the behavior by staying with him, he will continue to do it.

I was dating someone that was acting strangely... wouldn't introduce me to his friends or family, at first I thought maybe his ex wife was still in the picture somehow... turns out it was an ex alright, one he hadn't told me about... they had been interacting on Twitter of all places by sending tweets that looked one sided until I decided to investigate both accounts. I ended it the day I found out... he ended up apologizing profusely and owning everything, but in the end if he is sending what were essentially love poems to his ex then he is still hung up on her and not really committed to me.

It's up to you to decide if you think you are worthy of someone that has both feet in, or are willing to share him with another woman.

Well, you're living with the guy. Is he ignoring you? Does he talk to you? Does he make love to you? Is he physically cheating on you? Or is he just chatting with an old friend from time to time. I'm just trying to figure out whether you're jealous because he has a female friend, or is he actually cheating on you. Some girls try to isolate their guys from all other girls and that does nothing but cause fights and break ups. You'll have to decide, but if she's just a friend, then drop the issue. After all, you're the one he's living with. How is your relationship?

I didn’t become like this until I found the message that was a little more then one would say to just a friend. As of our relationship it has been in the rocks due to “her”. An it’s the fact that he has to hide them from me that’s just what I found fishy an it ended up being more then just a friend saying hi to one another...

He's emotionally involved with her and by all accounts, it looks like he's emotionally checked out on you.

How does he treat you generally? Is your relationship a happy one other then her being a third wheel sitting in between the two of you?

How long has he known her and where did they meet?

How long did they date and why did they stop seeing one another when they both appear to not want to be apart?

geez. I'm just curious why he is dating you instead of her??? I mean, if that's how he feels about her, maybe they should be together. :o

I'm really sorry, this situation stinks. I have a family member who was in a sort of similar situation - she found love notes that her husband was writing to a female friend (only the female friend did not seem interested in him and only sent terse messages back). Anyway, she's with someone now who doesn't pull that kind of nonsense and has been a devoted partner. good luck.

As of how long I never got a straight answer. At one point her told me they never were intimate but finally got an answer about that. It wouldn’t be such an issue still if he would just tell the truth from the get go. We have close friends that have told me they have told them she can’t get over him due to him being her first love. Well okay if that was the case you should of never let him go. Our relationship is very happy and good when this isn’t an issue. Last time they spoke was oct. I guess why I’m so hung up on this is cause I don’t get straight answers.

Archived