When you first meet someone, it is new and exciting and full of chemicals in the brain.

Does this feeling disappear forever in a relationship at some point?

When you are with someone for a long time, do you stop wanting to hug them and/or have sex with them?

Does everyone feel empty at some point and need to try very hard to make a relationship work?

Does true love exist?

Can you meet someone who you will do anything for forever?

Is love a natural feeling, or a commitment?

What is Love?

When you first meet someone, it is new and exciting and full of chemicals in the brain.

Does this feeling disappear forever in a relationship at some point? It doesn't disappear, it changes. It becomes a deeper appreciation for the person who becomes a huge part of your life.

When you are with someone for a long time, do you stop wanting to hug them and/or have sex with them? Absolutely not.

Does everyone feel empty at some point and need to try very hard to make a relationship work? No. We have our occasional argument, we work it out within a day, but no matter what I just remember that he's a great husband and a great dad and I'm lucky to have him.

Does true love exist? All love is true love. What else is there? Fake love?

Can you meet someone who you will do anything for forever? Yes, but it's not because they were "the one" and you just magically began feeling that way. It's a commitment within yourself.

Is love a natural feeling, or a commitment? It's a commitment. Love will come and go, love will fluctuate, you will have crushes, etc. But forever love is a CHOICE to always do what you can for this person and your relationship with them. They aren't naturally "the one". You make the decision that they are the one, and you choose to remain committed, always, no matter what.

It's when you're stumbling drunk at 3:00am and you come across a Taco Bell you didn't even know existed. If you look at your partner and you have that exact feeling, that's how you know they're right for you.

LOLOLOL I don't even eat Taco Bell and I get it.

There are two problems. One is a lackluster marriage. The other is the hot coworker.

Download The Seven Year Itch: https://play.google.com/store/movies/details?id=xBXpKnkBDrE

Do I leave the wife because I do not feel in love as much as the new girl in work?

Do I stay with the wife to save her upset, accepting the marriage vows I have signed up to?

Do I speak to the new girl at work to see if anything can happen? Have an affair just to see how it goes?

Do I stay in my marriage?

The chemicals change from dopamine to oxytocin. The feeling exhilaration changes to one of bonding. Both are addictive - for example when there is an older couple in the 80's and a mate dies, the other one often soon follows, they lose a reason to live, the feeling of loss and bonding to someone to whom you have been married to for 50+ years must be incredible.

I personally believe that true love does exist. It is more of a choice and a chemical dependence than a fairy-tale though. Does not make it any less real... the need for air and food is also a chemical dependence - without it you don't have the needed chemicals to sustain life.

Does this feeling disappear forever in a relationship at some point?

- Yes, thank goodness. Love is stable and sustainable. These initial feelings aren't even necessary to precede love. They are just - different.

When you are with someone for a long time, do you stop wanting to hug them and/or have sex with them?

- I don't!

Does everyone feel empty at some point and need to try very hard to make a relationship work?

- Yes. Sometimes externalities drain our energy and we don't realize how much that changes the filter through which we see everything and everyone else. AND our life partner knows all the same life burdens as we do, so looking at them may reflect back to us the same weight we wish we weren't carrying. Push through that!

Does true love exist?

- All day long, every day, of all kinds. In regards to being a couple, for life? Absolutely.

Can you meet someone who you will do anything for forever?

- Absolutely.

Is love a natural feeling, or a commitment?

- Yes. Love is a verb. Love is an investment. Love is natural, and it also is a choice. That said, some people we will love, at some level, no matter what. That doesn't necessarily mean they are supposed to be with us forever... it means we appreciate them in a way that endures.

On a serious note, love is just a moment between two people, 6 months to 1 year. From the on it is commitment and compromises for the sake of a good future.

True love, Harrison Ford explained perfectly well in the latest Bladerunner movie:

Sometimes to love someone, you've got to be a stranger.

Meaning, despite what a person has done to you emotionally (love related, not abuse), he still remains a part of time.

Life sucks. Get used to it, overcome everything.

I don't think i've ever had the feeling of a 3am taco bell. more like a good sandwich at lunch. does everybody have a taco bell out there for them?

No. Many people never actually find themselves in a relationship and grow old and die alone. There is no such thing as a soul mate. One may have many deep loves, one may never experience any. No one is guaranteed anything.

And for me, I suppose the feeling would be more of arriving home after work on a Friday night with ingredients for a delicious meal, a 12 pack of cold beer and a new series on Netflix to binge while I cook said meal for myself while occasionally dancing with my cat....who is named Squirrel. Best feeling in the world. Meaning, love to me is a safe, comfortable place to be myself. If I feel that with someone, that's how I know its love.

Archived