LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passwords and Trust

Passwords and Trust

To keep things short, my bf refuse to give me his password for his phone, nor allows me to use his finger print to unlock it.

I can be holding his LOCKED phone, I can be holding it when he uses Google maps and heís driving, but not when it is unlocked. He does show me his messages when heís texting beside me.. but Iím just curious why is he so secretive?

Fair enough, I do not like it if he knows my password and Iím quite reluctant to pass my phone for him to use... But it just makes me wonder is he hiding something from me?

I have asked him about it before and he told me that he dislike people messing around with his phone and it has happened before...

What is this?

Why canít he see yours? Why canít he have your password?

Originally Posted by Emotiredness
    but Iím just curious why is he so secretive?

Fair enough, I do not like it if he knows my password and Iím quite reluctant to pass my phone for him to use... But it just makes me wonder is he hiding something from me?
    You think he's being so secretive and hiding something from you, yet you don't like him seeing your phone or knowing your password etc either? Why? What are you being so secretive about and what are you hiding?

Double standards, much?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    My husband and I don't know each other's passwords to anything. It is not necessary. At least for us.

Gold Member
    Why is this even an issue? Who cares if you have his password or not? Maybe he just wants a little privacy. I doubt he is doing anything wrong. You don't need to share everything.

He had never asked for my password, but I have passed him my phone when Iím around. I was just wondering why he was quite defensive of me using his phone when he could not see what Iím doing on his phone

Bronze Member

Passwords and Trust

As a guy, I wouldnít want my significant other to want to look at my phone and I wouldnít want to look at hers unless she shows me in which case Iíd just smile and nod and get back to what we were doing. Not because I have anything to hide but because trust is an important part in a relationship.
    If he has given you reasons in the past not to trust him, like cheating, or attempted cheating, Iíd say move on to the next one (easier said than done I know) but if thereís nothing, try trusting until he gives you a reason not to. If he has given you a reason, send him and his phone somewhere else.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Maybe he has had snoopy girlfriends.

Maybe I phrased it wrongly. Iím okay with him not sharing his password with me cos I do not like it either. Iím just curious why he gets defensive when I am about to turn away the screen of his unlocked phone from him as if Iím about to go around snooping

Because you very clearly want to snoop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice