Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I punched my fiance during an argument

I'm going to seek help this week. I love and miss him very much. Never in my life thought I would be capable of hitting someone I love. Before getting engaged, we were together for nearly 4 years.
    This feels as if a huge portion of my life has been tossed out the window. His parents took me out of their fb list too and want nothing to do with me either.

Batya33, I'm going to agree with you on your last post. I think there might have been a warning issued to me if it had just been a slap, something like ''next time I'm going to leave''. Though knowing him well, he's the type that once it's over then it's over. When he breaks up is because it's something he considers serious enough to end it. Given I'm really a 5'9 woman (long, wide hands) and used to be athletic during my school years, that might explain why a hit from me would be harder than usual. I'll never forget that shock look in his face. It's the look someone gives when you really scared someone.
    Last edited by DorothyF87; 01-07-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Originally Posted by DorothyF87
    I'm going to seek help this week. I love and miss him very much. Never in my life thought I would be capable of hitting someone I love. Before getting engaged, we were together for nearly 4 years.
    This feels as if a huge portion of my life has been tossed out the window. His parents took me out of their fb list too and want nothing to do with me either.
    Your efforts to fix it are so disingenuous. It took you two months to decide to seek help. Two months. That’s 59 days too long.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I think it is time to move on. He won't come back . And even if he did his parents would never accept you back . I know if a gf hit my son I would be done with her and I would encourage him to never go back.

My brother was punched the head and face by his wife at the end of their marriage. They were together for 19 years and for 10 years of their marriage she mentally and emotionally abused him. Then the last month she started physically attacking him. My brother left and my mother and I encouraged him to never return. They share 3 children so this woman will never be really gone but he will never go back to her . It has been 5 years since he left .

I feel sorry for you, spunds like you made a big mistake and you sound like a good person. Try and learn from it and do some counselling and you will be ok. You will get another chance with someone new and you will be wiser this time around.

And even if he did his parents would never accept you back .
    Totally agree. Think of it this way OP, you have a son you love and have raised and some woman punches or slaps him when he's older. There is no forgiveness in it, ever.

It will be difficult but you must accept now that this is over and try to heal from it. It will take time but you can move forward from it.

Platinum Member
    "We were arguing for several months about the same issues (managing the bills, his overbearing parents and how to raise kids)"

Aside from the punch getting married with such major unresolved issues would have spelled disaster anyway. Sorry. Glad you are seeking help though.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by shessofly
    "We were arguing for several months about the same issues (managing the bills, his overbearing parents and how to raise kids)"

Aside from the punch getting married with such major unresolved issues would have spelled disaster anyway. Sorry. Glad you are seeking help though.
    Absolutely. Money, how to raise kids and each other's parents can end relationships. My husband and I only ever have massive disagreements about his parents. They have been consistently horrible to me our whole relationship and I dispise them. I have sympathy for them because they are very elderly now but literally can't stand them. They are insufferable.

You've made a fair point SherrySher. I wish to have kids one day and would want the best for them, to see them happy, safe and healthy. I understand his parents will never like me ever after what I did.

After they unfriended me, I've send an apologetic message to them. They didn't reply back. He's their only child.

Originally Posted by DorothyF87
    You've made a fair point SherrySher. I wish to have kids one day and would want the best for them, to see them happy, safe and healthy. I understand his parents will never like me ever after what I did.

After they unfriended me, I've send an apologetic message to them. They didn't reply back. He's their only child.
    Only child or not they would be protective.

You would never want someone to abuse your child.

I know it can be difficult to understand the dynamic between a child and their parents if you're the one dating them. But an only child is cherished and parents will be over protective.
    Anyone that dates an only child needs to realize this and be okay with it.

I'm sorry Dorothy, I know you didn't mean it, but the family won't accept you after this. Don't beat yourself up over it. Learn the lesson, better yourself, your life is not over.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice