I have a very close relationship with my girlfriend for almost a year now.

She has had a bad experience in her childhood as far as physical intimacy is concerned. This has made her restricted towards me, as she does not want to either initiate or even talk about it. Even the physical contact such as hugging and holding hands is upto her choice and is only permitted if she does it.

to give you a reasonable summary; we HAVEN'T KISSED YET, as she is still comfortable. Although I have tried to initiate, but she stops me as me doing this reminds her of the old experience.

Lack of physical intimacy has made me a bit frustrated and frankly, I do not know what to do.

I would like some advice regarding the same.

Should we break up( although I really love her ), or should I try to be more aggressive?Any other advice is also welcome.....

P.S. sorry for the broken english

She isn’t ready for a relationship. If she can’t talk about her needs and isn’t available for physical intamcy then she shouldn’t be dating. It sounds like she has a bunch of personal work to do before she can show up for a relationship. Break up. Whatever you do don’t try being more aggressive... what a terrible idea.

She isn’t ready for a relationship. If she can’t talk about her needs and isn’t available for physical intamcy then she shouldn’t be dating. It sounds like she has a bunch of personal work to do before she can show up for a relationship. Break up. Whatever you do don’t try being more aggressive... what a terrible idea.

Yeah, I agree. But it has been almost a year,isn't this a bit too late to make her realize that she isn't ready for a relationship?

Yeah, I agree. But it has been almost a year,isn't this a bit too late to make her realize that she isn't ready for a relationship?

You don't have to make her realize. You just have to realize it yourself. Explain as kindly as you can and break up with her. Find someone who is avaible, able and willing to be in a relationship with you.

I completely agree with rosephase. She just isn't ready for a boyfriend.

If you haven't made any progress in a year, this is very unlikely to get better. You essentially have a best friend, not a girlfriend. I don't say that to be unkind, but she isn't a candidate for a relationship at this time. She might be a lovely girl, but unless and until she gets help dealing with her past, you are going to be spinning your wheels. Being more aggressive is very likely to backfire, so please do not try that approach.

I'm sorry OP, but I think the best solution is to be kind but walk away.

Archived