Image Issues

The other day, a guy said that my face was not as attractive as my friends face. That on a scale of 10 her face was an 8 or 9 and mine is a 6.

I honestly was incredibly hurt by that. She's gorgeous but then my self image issues got even worse. She has freckles and more than skin. (Where I am incredibly pale).

What is wrong with my face?

The other day, a guy said that my face was not as attractive as my friends face. That on a scale of 10 her face was an 8 or 9 and mine is a 6.

I honestly was incredibly hurt by that. She's gorgeous but then my self image issues got even worse. She has freckles and more than skin. (Where I am incredibly pale).

What is wrong with my face?

Oh my goodness. Nothing is wrong with your face. The guy is a complete azzhole. Please keep your distance from such a fool!

Some guys are real A-holes. When I was about 17-18, I was in love with a guy who said I was about a 6-7 and that I wasn't good enough for guys to fall in love with and really want to be with, because guys wanted girls that were "hot" and had something "extra". Since I was in love with this guy, that stung and really changed me inside. But rather than ask what was wrong with me, I got a bit indignant and felt like I was just as good as any other girl. Granted, at 17-18 I had a bit of puppy fat still, I didn't wear makeup (or take care of my skin and hair), my dress sense was horrendous and I had zero confidence or social skills. His comments and my hurt made me decide to change those things. A few other things happened in my life that spurred me to grow as a person too, so it wasn't only aesthetic goals.

I got really fit, and made the gym and running my thing. I read books on proper nutrition and raw/organic diets, e.g. how beta-carotene (in carrots) gives your skin a healthy glow, so eating more raw vegetables (especially with yellow/red/orange pigment) makes your skin more attractive. I learned how to apply makeup lightly to accentuate features. I started dressing in plain but nice outfits (simple, well-fitted outfits like skinny jeans and a white t-shirt are way better than trying to pull off the latest fashion). I developed a lot more confidence and charisma over time because I was doing these things for ME and helping ME to grow. It took a lot of inner work too. But at 20-21 I was 'spotted' by a couple of modelling agencies, I had guys in nightclubs telling me I made them nervous, I would turn heads walking into a room and I had a few men tell me I was a 9 or 10 (or yell it out while I was walking down the street).

I'm not suggesting that everyone can or should improve themselves that dramatically, but I do believe weak young men tend to pick on girls who they view as vulnerable and self-conscious. Do the things that will give you the confidence to know that you are the best version of yourself inside and out, and I guarantee you will find guys who see you as a 10.

What a bonehead. I hope he is 10 years old or younger. No reason to say something rude like that. I remember when I was 14 and was hanging out with my friends (also 14), a 10 year old came up to us and said something similar (my friends were beautiful, but I was only ok looking). Objectively, she was right - my friends were more beautiful than me, so I wasn't really hurt by the comment, just surprised that she would say something like that. However, as I noted, the girl was 10, and no one over the age of 10 should be saying stupid stuff like that.

Did you ask him to rate you against the woman? Not arguing a lack of social tact either way, but quite a difference between him being awkwardly honest when pressed and him blurting out hurtful comments just for ****s. I mean a 6 is above average (or on the higher end of average, if you want to look at it that way), so that kinda speaks to something if your ego depends on you looking better than the majority of other people. Additionally, aesthetics are completely subjective, so you might be a 6 to him but a 10 to another guy. Don't put so much value in the opinion of a socially inept man.

I mean I haven't seen your face, but I'll give you the benefit of assuming you don't have out of control nose hairs or wine on your teeth. If you're out of shape, both men and women tend to have conventionally more appealing facial features after getting fit. But that's getting beside the point. You need to appreciate you for who you are first and foremost. How you feel about yourself, face included, is what matters most.

I'm sorry someone said something so rude to you. The words to describe him aren't allowed on this site.

Well what you can take from this is, this comment wouldn't really bother you as much unless you felt that way about yourself? If that's true, what can you do to improve your confidence (gym, skin, haircut, etc.)?

Archived