Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 51 to 56 of 56

Thread: Finding me...

  1. #51
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    48,317
    I'm so sorry this happened. I've been having more vertigo/sensitivity like that in the last year or two (I am 52, not menopausal yet maybe perimenopausal). I had a stroke almost 10 years ago from which I recovered quickly and completely (post-pregnancy stroke) but the vertigo etc is different from those symptoms.

    Here's what I have done differently in the last few years - doubled my water intake - I had been drinking 5-6 glasses, now it's about 11 glasses a day,plus no diet soda (some coffee) - I do drink some sparkling water on top of the plain water. It helps so much - the hydration, my digestion, my skin, energy level - I take it like a vitamin/medicine -I have my favorite brand of water bottle in two colors so no excuses.

    I also have low blood sugar issues but my numbers are all good -meaning my bloodwork -had it checked a month ago - so I do make sure I don't get overly hungry - I used to carry stuff regularly but now what I do is if I'm going to the office (once or twice a week) I take a few dried figs with me - sugar plus fiber and it tides me over till lunch (I don't want to do vending machines, etc or candy). Also I eat my meals pretty much routine times - within an hour or so of a certain time - I snack very little but make sure I eat enough protein. Also I eat some avocado and almond butter each day (not together!) for the protein/staying power/fiber.

    Again sorry that happened and glad you are ok -and yes I'd see a doc just in case.

  2. #52
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,908
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Have you been checked for diabetes? Although hypoglycemia can be an issue on it's own, sometimes it can be an issue stemming from diabetes.
    Definitely not diabetic.

  3. #53
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,908
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I'm so sorry this happened. I've been having more vertigo/sensitivity like that in the last year or two (I am 52, not menopausal yet maybe perimenopausal). I had a stroke almost 10 years ago from which I recovered quickly and completely (post-pregnancy stroke) but the vertigo etc is different from those symptoms.

    Here's what I have done differently in the last few years - doubled my water intake - I had been drinking 5-6 glasses, now it's about 11 glasses a day,plus no diet soda (some coffee) - I do drink some sparkling water on top of the plain water. It helps so much - the hydration, my digestion, my skin, energy level - I take it like a vitamin/medicine -I have my favorite brand of water bottle in two colors so no excuses.

    I also have low blood sugar issues but my numbers are all good -meaning my bloodwork -had it checked a month ago - so I do make sure I don't get overly hungry - I used to carry stuff regularly but now what I do is if I'm going to the office (once or twice a week) I take a few dried figs with me - sugar plus fiber and it tides me over till lunch (I don't want to do vending machines, etc or candy). Also I eat my meals pretty much routine times - within an hour or so of a certain time - I snack very little but make sure I eat enough protein. Also I eat some avocado and almond butter each day (not together!) for the protein/staying power/fiber.

    Again sorry that happened and glad you are ok -and yes I'd see a doc just in case.
    Iím sorry this happened, Batya, but very glad to hear you recovered quickly from that stroke.

    And thank you for the suggestions. One thing I didnít do yesterday was drink water and it may have been low blood pressure or low blood sugar as well that caused my body to react the way it did.

    Low iron has always been a bit of an issue, off & on as well, so this could be the part of the reason I felt weak, maybe.

    Stress doesnít help either.

    Hopefully the doctor can help find the source of the problem, but obviously it canít hurt to stay on track with drinking my usual water intake and ensuring Iím eating properly and consistently throughout the day.

    I think I just have to work on taking more time out for self-care these days, to be honest.

  4. #54
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,266
    Gender
    Male
    Three weeks ago I fainted while I had high fever. Two weeks ago I went for blood test and fainted again while the nurse was taking blood. Thankfully I didnít fall off the chair again. I assumed I fainted because of the fever or low blood pressure or lack of iron. The consensus of two doctors and one nurse was that I passed out due to dehydration.
    I thought nonsense, how can somebody faint because he skipped three glasses of water? Besides, I thought that when you are dehydrated you would feel thirsty. Apparently I was wrong as usual. When I went back to the office the previous week I felt I was about to faint again. I drank three glasses of water and within 5 minutes I was feeling fine again. So, in my case it was indeed dehydration. Lesson learned. I increased my water intake.

    Better go to the doctor but it is very possible that itís dehydration.

  5.  

  6. #55
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,908
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by dias
    Three weeks ago I fainted while I had high fever. Two weeks ago I went for blood test and fainted again while the nurse was taking blood. Thankfully I didnít fall off the chair again. I assumed I fainted because of the fever or low blood pressure or lack of iron. The consensus of two doctors and one nurse was that I passed out due to dehydration.
    I thought nonsense, how can somebody faint because he skipped three glasses of water? Besides, I thought that when you are dehydrated you would feel thirsty. Apparently I was wrong as usual. When I went back to the office the previous week I felt I was about to faint again. I drank three glasses of water and within 5 minutes I was feeling fine again. So, in my case it was indeed dehydration. Lesson learned. I increased my water intake.

    Better go to the doctor but it is very possible that itís dehydration.
    Hope you're feeling better, dias.

    I know what you mean. You'd think that you'd feel thirsty if you're dehydrated, but clearly not the case.

    I remember years ago, travelling to my parents place for Christmas. I had been home for a couple of days at this point, but I remember lying down and having to get up for Christmas dinner. As soon as I got up, I felt nauseous. My dad drove me to the hospital and after they conducted some tests, they determined that I was dehydrated and overly-fatigued. I also had the 48 hour flu. Not fun! But I remember thinking, "but I'm not thirsty", and "how did they determine I was fatigued?".

    I've noticed that consuming water makes me feel more refreshed and energized.

    Gosh knows why I find myself not drinking water some days when I know it's good for me (including yesterday), but sometimes I find my days just get away from me, I lose track of time, and I just don't make it a priority.

    I'll be visiting the doctor soon, though, and thank you for your input!

  7. #56
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,266
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by milly007

    Gosh knows why I find myself not drinking water some days when I know it's good for me (including yesterday), but sometimes I find my days just get away from me, I lose track of time, and I just don't make it a priority.

    I'll be visiting the doctor soon, though, and thank you for your input!
    Yeah, it happens. Some people use reminder apps. Maybe that could help.

    In any case, a doctor knows better. I am sure though you have nothing, probably dehydration again. Keep us updated :)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •