LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding me...

Originally Posted by milly007
    All of a sudden he messages me today, "Hi Milly, it's Ben. We haven't met yet? How was your weekend?". .
    You are right on track and yes, use your own ways of treating others as a measure of how you wish to be treated.

The fact that he blew off the Thursday meet up was more than enough reason, coupled with his lame question not being certain whether or not you had even met - is further confirmation.
    What a tool.

Platinum Member
    Does anyone else here not like using FaceTime as the first time seeing/meeting someone?

Had someone I connected with online ask me if I wanted to FaceTime. I cringed when I read his request.

Have only exchanged a couple of messages with him online. Havenít met him in person.

Thereís something about it that turns me off.
    Last edited by milly007; 09-21-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Personal preference.

I personally probably wouldnt do it, unless I really felt the guy was someone I wanted to meet. Otherwise I personally think its best to leave all that for your first meet/date

Platinum Member
    I would never have done that. And I also didnít send more pictures of myself. I posted four photos one with almost full body and supplied my actual height and weight. (I erred on the side of my weight on a not great day but I was thin). I would have felt really self conscious doing FaceTime with a stranger. For several years before I did online dating sites I went on many blind dates and met men through written personal ads so meeting strangers in person was fine with me and preferred.

Platinum Member
    Thanks figureitout and Batya.

Yeah, I told him as soon as I got his message that FaceTiming wasnít for me.

Itís funny, Iím fine with a phone call, but FaceTiming is just something that turns me off. Canít really put my finger on why I feel this way. Maybe itís because I wonder if the guy is wanting me to prove that Iím the person in my pics. Not sure. Also, phone calls can be awkward enough, and toss in an awkward angle on FaceTime with a complete stranger and yeah...no thanks.

I think I also just miss the days of people making more of an effort. Everything is so easy these days. Texting, emailing, FaceTiming, etc.

I guess I just have a preferred way of communicating and meeting. I like when after exchanging a few messages, a guy proposes a meet up (even a phone call before a meet is ok, too).

Platinum Member
    I exchanged a few emails and I wouldnít meet without a phone call. I was able to screen out a number of people who sent lovely emails based on the phone call. With rare exception if the phone call went well we met ASAP. I met over 100 men in person.

Platinum Member
    Deleted.......
    Last edited by milly007; 01-02-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Platinum Member
    So I met a couple of people in my building today for the first time. They were quite nice!

My one neighbour has the cutest pets and invited me over to see them (I'm a big animal fan!).

So as we were chatting, for about half an hour, I began to feel really warm and then all of a sudden felt like I was going to pass out!

I've noticed that my unit is ridiculously warm this year (and we've been having a more mild winter), so the temps inside are a bit warm considering the temps outside are not normal winter temperatures here.

Anyway, I began to fan myself, interrupt our conversation and tell her that I have to run out in the hall for some air before I pass out (because I was finding it really warm).

I told her, as I stood out in the hall, that I didn't want to be rude, but had to go back to my unit to grab some water as I was feeling faint.

She acknowledged that her apartment is very warm and needs to speak with the owner of the building about it (she's been meaning to for a while), and I informed her that I've found my unit the same.

So when I get back to my unit, I just barely got the door unlocked and open before I ran to the washroom and was sick to my stomach.

I have no idea if this is just the result of feeling over-heated and dehydrated, but I ran into my neighbour about five minutes later and she asked if I had low blood pressure (which I have no idea if I have). Could have been for a combination of reasons - dehydration, low blood pressure, who knows...

Just over a year ago, I was out shopping, and I was speaking with a salesman, I proceeded to feel over-heated (took off my coat) and collapsed to the ground. I tried to fight myself and prevent it from happening, but nope, didn't work. I was mortified! I actually tried to get this salesman to go away before it happened because I could feel that there was a possibility of me passing out, but he wouldn't listen. He continued to stand there until I fell to my knees. I tried to get up immediately, as he went to get help. Although they wanted to call an ambulance and call my emergency contacts, I refused to give them my information. The last thing I wanted was my family to get a call saying I passed out and was at the hospital. Sheesh.

Anyway, I'd like to think I'm taking good care of myself, but I've been ridiculously stressed over the last couple of years - moving to a new city, starting a new job, a huge lay-off at the company I was working for (which didn't affect me, but it was still unreal, and affected a lot of friends, single parents, etc.), sick loved ones, finding a new job, etc. Maybe I'm not making myself as much of a priority as I thought was these days, and I could use a tip or two on how to manage stress better - no doubt about that.

Either way, gotta make a doctor's appointment, stat.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Do you maybe get low blood sugar? I get low blood sugar very quickly and it feels like youíre going to pass out and throw up . I had an episode recently waiting in a walk-in clinic and I almost fell out of the chair on my face from low blood sugar.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Do you maybe get low blood sugar? I get low blood sugar very quickly and it feels like youíre going to pass out and throw up . I had an episode recently waiting in a walk-in clinic and I almost fell out of the chair on my face from low blood sugar.
    It's a possibility, Seraphim. Hopefully the doctor will have some answers.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice