LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Finding me...

Platinum Member
    I do exactly the same. I love the baggalini crossbody bag. Twice Iíve told women on the subway to stop dangling their bag off the shoulder while staring at a phone. Good for you !

My dad checked himself into the emergency department at the hospital yesterday. Initially they thought he had a herniated disc, but after conducting an MRI this morning, they discovered cancer and they've scheduled him for emergency radiation tomorrow morning. 'Emergency radiation'? I've never heard this term before. He's still at the hospital and they're transporting him to a different city tomorrow for the treatment.

This all came on suddenly. No one saw this coming.

I'm shocked, angry and full of questions. I'm normally the person there with my parents when something like this surfaces and tend to ask the doctors a lot of questions. Because I'm a distance away, and because this all came on suddenly, I wasn't there to ask the questions that I want. So I asked my dad to put me on speaker phone with him during his appointment with the radiologist tomorrow morning so I can ask whatever I need to ask. I don't want to be present due to the coronavirus outbreak and put anyone at risk; especially considering my dad's circumstances.

My dad couldn't even tell me what type of cancer it is. And it sounds like there's more than one tumor.

That said, I've decided I'm going to be moving back to help my parents and have given my notice for my residence and place of work.

I don't think my heart has ever felt this broken. And since finding out that my dad was in the hospital last night, I've felt very anxious - because I'm not there with my family and have very limited information with respect to my dad.

Apparently the C is throughout his body and the doctor is recommending radiation and chemo.

Platinum Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you get the answers you need.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you get the answers you need.
    Thank you, B. This news today really broke me, but I'm trying to stay positive and hope that there's some hope with this treatment.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by milly007
    Thank you, B. This news today really broke me, but I'm trying to stay positive and hope that there's some hope with this treatment.
    Yes. I can only imagine what a shock it was and then also on top of that stressful/frustrating!

So very sorry to hear about this, milly. Sending all the strong and healing vibes your way, and your father's way.

Oh god, how terrible. Iím glad you are able to drop everything to be close to them.

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Oh god, how terrible. Iím glad you are able to drop everything to be close to them.
    I'm so thankful I can be with them and help out as much as possible. It would honestly drive me nuts if I couldn't.

One fear I've always had, since I was very young, is losing my parents. Sure, we've had our differences, but we've always loved each other so much and unconditionally. He and my mom are my go-to people. In so many ways, my dad has always been my rock. This may sound cheesy, but it's true.

I talked to my dad a few times today and we always end our phone calls by saying 'I love you'. Today, when I said it, it stirred up so many emotions in the both of us. We could both barely get a word out after that. My dad is looking at this diagnosis as if it's the end of the road for him, whereas I'm trying to convince him to stay positive & that we're going to fight this diagnosis. He basically said, "Look honey, we have to be realistic about this". I told him that I am being realistic and that it's important for us to stay positive. We somehow got into a discussion about, and I have no idea how, losing our parents. He said, "I remember when I lost my mom. I didn't know how I could ever live without her, but I did. When our parents pass away, we wonder how we'll survive, but we do, and life goes on". It was such an uncomfortable conversation, but because my dad knows about my fear of losing them, it just kinda felt like this weird pep-talk where my dad was essentially trying to say that, regardless of what happens, and as hard as it might be, everything will be okay.

I just can't imagine my life without either of them in it. I really can't. I just can't imagine losing anyone that we're capable of loving THIS much. If anything happened to him, I think it would break me.
    Last edited by milly007; 03-16-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    So very sorry to hear about this, milly. Sending all the strong and healing vibes your way, and your father's way.
    So strange. I responded to your message, bluecastle, but it didn't post. Let me try this again!

Thank you. My family and I can use all the strong and healing vibes we can get!

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 313233343536 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice