I feel stuck

rnicole94

3 years ago.. couple months back I almost died..someone attempted murder on me..they used all there force into them to snap my neck.. I survived unfortunately. Sometimes I wish I didn't. Going through so much pain from my neck to my spine back to my headaches. I feel stuck, hurt, scared, I feel traumatized. I can't stop thinking about it. It replays in my head like it just happened yesterday. How can I move past something like this?

What a crazy thing to have happen to you Nicole. I am genuinely not surprised that you're finding it difficult to 'move on' from such a horrific event. You probably have some kind of PTSD, and would benefit from medical advice, and/or counselling. Here in the UK, we have an agency called Victim's Support, which would help you find resolution and help you move forward.

On personal level, you have to regain your confidence and overcome your fear. This has been such a shocking event for you, but you have to realise that it's over and lightening rarely strikes twice. Maybe you could take up a martial art to gain the confidence that you could deter an attacker in future? Muay Thai seems popular with some girls I know.

Anyway, wishing you recovery.

Hi rnicole94,

That sounds like a terrible incident and nobody should have to go through that.

The symptoms you are experiencing are common symptoms of PTSD.

I agree with "Fever" that you would greatly benefit from psychological interventions.

I'm not sure where you are from but there are crisis helplines and professionals all over the world. If you are lost, perhaps visiting your local doctor/ GP will be a good start. They can make you a referral to the most suitable service provider.

Take care of yourself and it is great to know that you are reaching out for support.

All the best.

3 years ago.. couple months back I almost died..someone attempted murder on me..they used all there force into them to snap my neck.. I survived unfortunately. Sometimes I wish I didn't. Going through so much pain from my neck to my spine back to my headaches. I feel stuck, hurt, scared, I feel traumatized. I can't stop thinking about it. It replays in my head like it just happened yesterday. How can I move past something like this?

You are suffering I know. Take this opportunity to take good care of yourself by being healthy. Talk to friends. Work on your career. Talk to family.

Have you filed charges against him ?:fat:

I'm so sorry that happened!

Is the person in jail??

I suggest getting counseling to help you get over such a trauma. Find one that specializes in trauma and PTSD.

Therapy can do a lot of good in these situations. Talking things through with an impartial party and having them come up with coping strategies and help you begin the healing process.

Lisa

What kind of counseling are you receiving? Contact your municipality's Victim Services department and ask for a referral to a case worker, and pursue all services available to you.

The other thing I would do is change my choice of premise that it's 'unfortunate' that I survived. That's not a foundation that will promote healing, so why work against yourself with mixed messages? Start with that one small change in the way you frame your story, and allow for your mind to open to larger healing possibilities.

Archived