I’m a gay male teen that needs advice..

BitterVoid

So.. I’m 16 turning 17 in 3 months, I’m in highschool junior year and I think I’ve finally found someone kind of like me in some ways. I’m not saying we should for sure date or anything, but I think we should at least be friends.

Mainly, the only people I’ve really ever been friends with are online, or some in real life that are only girls, and I have like 3 I still talk to, each one of them like extroverts.

I’m a loner, I pretty much never talk and I keep to myself. I’m a gamer and I play on my desktop every day, never go out anywhere besides school pretty much.

But I’m skinny(in a good way), I’d say very healthy, and a vegetarian. I’d say I’m like a 6-7 on the looks chart, but I honestly don’t know.

Dirty blonde hair, gray eyes. Pale White skin, yada yada

Now this guy seems like a loner too. He has like guy friends he hangs out with in school.. but he’s like really quiet in classes and he’s not popular or anything. He’s actually kind of nerdy/geekish.

(By the way, his name is Christian.)

I really think we have a lot in common though, cause the way he acts.. the way he looks. And I’ve heard his friends talking to him sometimes and I’ve heard things like “Your name is Christian yet you’re an atheist” and they teased him.

And I was like “omg. He’s an atheist too”

And there’s some other things I think I know about him but I could be wrong.

Anyways..

The problem if it isn’t obvious by now is that I can’t.. I can’t.. like.. talk to him ;-; :(

I just.. I can’t!!!

I never talk to people and I .. I just i don’t know. I find so many straight guys attractive and i think it’s because they’re always so bold and chill and have such personality and act how they want.

I could never be like that.

But me with Christian.. I just feel so shy and nervous about him. And I’ve never done anything with someone like going up to them and talking to them randomly.

Like how do I do that?!?

;-;

And what if he’s just like yeah no and walks away without saying anything back

Okay so.. today I saw him in the hallway again and I think about him pretty much every day now, and somehow.. today.. I looked at him and kept walking. But then I.. I just stopped. And I started walking back in his direction he was walking..

I had no idea what I was doing. I just walked after him.. I guess I was gonna say “Christian” and go from there without thinking or something..

When he went into his classroom in that hall.

I was sort of relived but also disappointed. And sad. It’s been like a year or two since I’ve seen him in classes, and like months where I’ve been attracted to him.

An actual guy in real life I might. MIGHT have a chance with.

And I can never even talk to him. And it’s second quarter already the year will end soon. I’m so stupid.

I walked to my class defeated.. by myself.

I texted two of my friends which are girls what just happened. One didn’t answer at all, as she doesn’t talk much even in text lol.

And the other was like “awww, (myname)”

But that’s it. I can’t get anyone to help me with this. It saddens me every day I can’t just.. try.

Also, just remembered.

The main thing I wanted to do for months was to get his number first. Cause then I could text him and trust me if I had his number I would.

But none of my friends knew his number apperently and I can’t get it anywhere.

So now I’m left depressed and optionless. And no one will help.

:( I just. I don’t know. I want to share my thoughts with someone else than myself. I want to see if I could at least be friends with him.

Could anyone help me..

Is he gay also? Or are you looking for friendship only? I'm just a little confused.

First thing is to make eye contact. Do you have any classes together?

If you do, try getting paired up on a project.

If not, when passing in the hall, try saying "Hey Christian" , see if he replies.

Does he know who you are? Or are you secretly stalking? Haha :)

We’ve had classes together before like the past years. I don’t have any with him this year, and I’m not sure if he’s gay.

He probably wouldn’t have told anyone if he was either.

I’ve looked at him lots of times in class but I’m not sure if he’s noticed ;-;

Also I think if I just say hey Christian randomly he’ll think I’m weird or something ;-; and probably not respond and keep walking down the hall and be like.. “why did he say hi to me.”

I know you’re right though. I have to say hello some time or talk to him. I have to try.

Also.. I know a period when he had lunch. I know where him and his friends sit too. I could easily go to him there.. but I’m scared to say anything to him in front of everyone..

We’ve had classes together before like the past years. I don’t have any with him this year, and I’m not sure if he’s gay.

He probably wouldn’t have told anyone if he was either.

I’ve looked at him lots of times in class but I’m not sure if he’s noticed ;-;

Also I think if I just say hey Christian randomly he’ll think I’m weird or something ;-; and probably not respond or keep walking but be like.. “why did he say hi to me.”

I know you’re right though. I have to say hello some time or talk to him. I have to try.

Yes, luv, you have to talk if you want to get a response!

I know it's hard. I don't think that he would think you're weird, I think that's your own

insecurity talking. It's harder when not in class send you just pass by. And harder if you

don't have friends in common also.

What about activities? Is there anything you know he attends where you might have the

opportunity to interact?

Not really.

I know he’s like really tech and math nerdy though and I think he might stay after school, but I have no idea for what or where.

I think my best chance could possibly be in the hallway during the period I saw him today, or during that lunch.

I was thinking I could go up to him really quick and ask him for his number or something. But he might get weirded out by a guy asking him for his number all suddenly

Ya, that's pretty forward! It might not go over to well.

You need to find a way to engage him. Then after some chit chat, you can ask :)

You know what he's like, and his interests. Can you find a way to strike up a conversation about an interest he has,

during lunch? Though if he's in a group of people at that time , it will be a little difficult to do .

In the hall, is there enough time? Classes change quite quickly ,and it will be rushed.

If you don't have any indication that this guy you like is gay then chances are he isn't just statistically speaking. You could certainly try to befriend him just on the off chance that he is gay but, unfortunately, this will likely end up being an unrequited crush.

Are there any openly gay students at your school who you know of? If so they are the ones who you should try to befriend. Or look online. Building up a network of friends and acquaintances within the gay community is going to be your best bet.

I think that you should not pursue him. Asking for another guys (or for a girl another girl's) number is a bit odd. Unless you have a "reason" - like exchanging numbers because you are project partners or on committees together. If you are shy and a bit of a loner, i would focus on trying to simply make friends with other people - guys and girls

Archived