Too early for an expensive gift?

epikaiii

Christmas is coming up and honestly I can't afford to buy presents for everyone. I have this beautiful watch, brand new and still packaged, that I bought for my brother's birthday a couple months ago but he said he didn't want it. I was wondering if I could give it to my boyfriend? It's an expensive watch, and we have only been dating for a month. I understand that it's really weird to give an expensive gift so early in a relationship, especially since we don't even say 'I love you' yet lol.

No, don't give expensive jewelry after 1 mo of dating. It will be awkward not appreciated. Buy a simple gift at this point.

I bought for my brother's birthday a couple months ago but he said he didn't want it. I was wondering if I could give it to my boyfriend? It's an expensive watch, and we have only been dating for a month.
I vote no. In your own words" I understand that it's really weird to give an expensive gift so early in a relationship"

You might risk scaring him or embarrassing him while you on the other hand receive the gift of a coffee cup with a bow on it.

Save the watch for another time further down the road.

you're right, I'll save it. guess I'll just buy a video game lol. thank you for the advice!

Christmas is coming up and honestly I can't afford to buy presents for everyone. I have this beautiful watch, brand new and still packaged, that I bought for my brother's birthday a couple months ago but he said he didn't want it. I was wondering if I could give it to my boyfriend? It's an expensive watch, and we have only been dating for a month. I understand that it's really weird to give an expensive gift so early in a relationship, especially since we don't even say 'I love you' yet lol.

why didn't you return it. Another vote for no. I also vote for maybe no gifts and just going to a nice dinner since you guys just met.

Archived