Should I trust him?

Lillypoo

Hi, hope for some advice on a guy I’ve been dating for over a month. We haven’t had sex yet only because I want to wait. I have met his parents (a bit soon in my books) but thought it was nice. We met through online dating and after a bit I decided to delete my profile as I wasn’t messaging anyone and felt bad that I was ignoring them. He has not deleted his though, he says he isn’t chatting to other girls but he’s adding a lot of girls on social media. I openly asked him about this and he says “they are just my sisters friends”. Well those girls and his sister are not friends on Facebook. A week ago I did explain that I’ve had horrible experiences with boyfriend one severely abused me and one was a serial cheater. He was very nice about me sharing that but it seams he doesn’t really respect me for not being completely honest. Also he told me on the phone he “loves me” but I don’t believe that. I keep pushing him away but he’s not letting go. Why? I don’t understand him? Is he just really immature?

Unfortunately it's time to get off the fast track including unilaterally deleting your profile when he made no indication of wanting to be exclusive.

It's also way too soon to discuss your past relationship misadventures. Guys you date are not therapists nor required to commit more or treat you with kid gloves because of your past. Perhaps you are not ready to date if your past still haunts you to this extent. Slow down and take your time.

We met through online dating and after a bit I decided to delete my profile.A week ago I did explain that I’ve had horrible experiences with boyfriend one severely abused me and one was a serial cheater.
Unfortunately it's time to get off the fast track including unilaterally deleting your profile when he made no indication of wanting to be exclusive.

It's also way too soon to discuss your past relationship misadventures. Guys you date are not therapists nor required to commit more or treat you with kid gloves because of your past. Perhaps you are not ready to date if your past still haunts you to this extent. Slow down and take your time.

I agree. They're both immature (probably due to their young age). She allowed him to control the dating process which is why it's so chaotic. Good job on her part in fending off his sexual urges, but it should have never have gotten to that point.

Op, if you don't see the red flags with this person ("I love you" too soon, wanting sex right away, meeting his parents, lying,...) then you shouldn't be dating.

Your quote - "I keep pushing him away but he’s not letting go." This is another sign of immaturity on your part. Stop playing games with him. Go NC (no contact) and stick with it. Don't try to understand craziness. Stay away from it.

Archived