Deadbeat or should I care?

Talblkman

I am recently out of a 5 month relationship. I am pretty bummed over the fact that I can not find the type of person I want to be in a life long committed relationship with. I am on a few free (gay) social sites. I recently met this guy online who is very nice. I have an almost "no bias" type of attitude if your physically decent looking. Well, in a nutshell I have met a 42 year old guy who is nice BBUUTT....he works at a pizza store. And he's only been there since July of 2017 (5 months). Now, I am not looking for a relationship but damn it would nice to meet someone who I can at least be cordial with. This guy lives a good hour from me, willing to take public transportation (his car broke down), and I would have to cross state lines when we are to meet. I do not mind...but why is it bothering me that a 42 y/o works at a pizza shop? Is it fair to say he's a deadbeat and just run. Or should I even care? I'm so confused over this; we are supposed to meet this Friday. And part of me is just lonely and this guy is a nice guy. AAUUGGHHH I don't know what to do.

Lonely Birthday Boy

I think you already know the answer - don't waste your time and raise your standards.

Five months out of a relationship is rough. Give yourself time to heal more. Don't make goofy desperate dating decisions and definitely don't lower your bar like this. If you must, then date locally and casually just to give yourself a boost, but otherwise keep away from getting involved seriously for awhile. Get yourself back into balance emotionally, spend time with friends or make some, get into some hobbies, etc. Get to a place where your life is happy and fulfilling as a single person. Then you'll make better dating decisions and honestly, attract better long term candidates too.

Archived