I decided not to accept my friend calls the remainder of the year

moneymkt

I am fed up now with her rudeness when it comes to text messaging. She is married and we usually talk on the phone when she is on her way home from work. But recently I sent her 2 text messages since wednesday of this past week and she has not responded to either of them. I just think that is kind of ignorant and I now no interest in speaking with her for a while.

How do you just ignore 2 text messages from a friend? Now I am not expecting a quick response but 4 days and nothing? I do think that I will remove the texting communication from our friendship starting in the new year because this is something I can't deal with anymore

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe she is distracted and forgot to reply?

Happens with a very good friend of mine too sometimes, doesn't mean she loves me any less and i know this about gee.... to be fair she has 4 kids....

Our do you have feelings for her other than friendship and she knows about this?

To be honest i wouldn't be so spiteful.... if she does this then i will do that....i don't like those games in a friendship

Maybe she is distracted and forgot to reply?

Happens with a very good friend of mine too sometimes, doesn't mean she loves me any less and i know this about gee.... to be fair she has 4 kids....

Our do you have feelings for her other than friendship and she knows about this?

To be honest i wouldn't be so spiteful.... if she does this then i will do that....i don't like those games in a friendship

We talking about 4 days not 4 hours. Like I said the texting will not be something I will be doing in 2018.

I would try not to keep score like that. People get busy, distracted and believe they replied when they didn't. I once received a last minute invitation to a bday party - she'd seen me and said my son was invited, then radio silence, then a few days before the party my son said his friend asked if he was coming to his party but I hadn't heard. She emailed me a day or two before with apologies at her mess up. I could have stood on ceremony and assumed she was lying or that she was thoughtless etc but where would that have gotten me- I would have my "pride" and my son would miss out on a party. So we went and later she flaked on replying to my message to make sure her son had received our gift -very late reply. I wouldn't have flaked. But, I like her, I respect how much she has going on in her life, and I've made the choice not to take her flakiness personally. Yes, at a certain point it would be too much but if I stood on ceremony every time someone replied late I'd miss out on a lot of great friendship experiences.

I would try not to keep score like that. People get busy, distracted and believe they replied when they didn't. I once received a last minute invitation to a bday party - she'd seen me and said my son was invited, then radio silence, then a few days before the party my son said his friend asked if he was coming to his party but I hadn't heard. She emailed me a day or two before with apologies at her mess up. I could have stood on ceremony and assumed she was lying or that she was thoughtless etc but where would that have gotten me- I would have my "pride" and my son would miss out on a party. So we went and later she flaked on replying to my message to make sure her son had received our gift -very late reply. I wouldn't have flaked. But, I like her, I respect how much she has going on in her life, and I've made the choice not to take her flakiness personally. Yes, at a certain point it would be too much but if I stood on ceremony every time someone replied late I'd miss out on a lot of great friendship experiences.

Ignoring one text is something I am willing to let go but not two texts. So that's why I decided to only text once a day in 2018 because I don't like being ignored

But I’m surprised you think she’s trying to insult you as opposed to you thinking oh my gosh maybe something is wrong! Maybe there something wrong with my friend I hope everything’s OK !

And yes I echo the others if she and him are also great friends of yours you can call their house and ask if they are OK .

You don't see texts? How is that possible? The phone vibrates or u see a notification on your phone

Very possible. I might get multiple texts. So I check and when I check one I don’t realize I received more than one. For example. Also I’ve texted the wrong person. Sometimes the wrong person replies but not always. I asked my husband the other day why he didn’t start our sons bath and he said he didn’t get the text. I was cranky so I wanted to prove to him I sent it. I did to my friend who actually texted me back and I didn’t see her reply of course because I was only checking for my husband’s reply.

Here’s the thing. Look within yourself and ask if this really offends your values or you’re just standing on ceremony. Do you want to be “right” or “close?” I have to make that decision fairly often. And I try to choose close and one way I do that is stopping to think and empathize. In my head. So that I choose not to speak when speaking only serves the purpose of proving that I’m right.

If you were invited to their wedding there should be no reason why you can’t call her at home . If you were only calling her on her ride home or texting her without her husband knowing anything about it that’s an emotional affair . If they are great friends and you went to their wedding you should be able to call their house . Anything less is emotional affair territory .

Ignoring one text is something I am willing to let go but not two texts. So that's why I decided to only text once a day in 2018 because I don't like being ignored

You usually text her more than once a day? Is "only" texting her one time a day supposed to be some kind of punishment or payback or something ?

Archived