Family should be supportive

sikkiness

I live in a very toxic environment with my parents and older brother, my mother is that kind of person who freaks out if things are not her way and she always does everything to stop me from doing something with my life that differs from hers. Nowadays I want to go to college in another city, the main reason is that I can not stand here anymore and this is no secret. My boyfriend lives in this other city, and if I go to college, I could stay at his family's house until I get a job so I can rent a place of my own. Btw, I'm already after a job just in case i make it. She freaked out, called me all names, said I should be ashamed and hope I dont get into college just so I come back to her and apologize. My older brother follows her example, telling me that he expects me to go and hen break up with my boyfriend the next day so I end up on the streets. It hurts me too much, my family should support me and not try to drag me down.

Some families just suck. My mother was very negative and never encouraged me to do anything, so I do understand how you feel. If I was you I'd get a job so you can move out of there. If you want to go to college, see if you can get a grant to pay for it. Given your mother and brother's bad attitudes, your best option is to get out of there asap.

Archived