Now urology problems! I'm sick of being sick...

So I was content and happy in last thread with my results showing no signs of a blood cancer in my tests with the oncologist.

Then for the first time in my life I developed six kidney stones. I thought I had a kidney infection, so I went to ER. They did a cat scan and ultrasound and found Six small kidney stones in my bladder. I passed them over the last week and just have one left in my left Kidney that's not moving.

Something else showed on the ultrasound, I have a distended bladder and a very questionable area in my bladder. The radiologist even wrote on there that a cystoscopy should be done.

I've had a lot of cystoscope for other reasons. So I know the procedure and what to expect.

I'm also seeing an endocrinologist about the hair loss. I have more hair loss at the top of my scalp.

I don't know if it's stress from back to back health issues?? Or some weird endocrine problem.

I now have a very short pixie cut that helps cover the bald patches.

I see the Urologist tomorrow to see if he wants to do a cystoscope.

I'm just wanting more then anything a healthy New Year!

I joined Weight Watchers to lose 95 pounds so far it's now 90 more to go as I've lost five pounds in my first week. 😊

I know my weight has caused a lot of other health issues.

So I'm being very proactive.

I lead a healthy life style I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I don't drink soda or Gatorade. I drink tons of water. The kidney stones are a mystery to me.

I just know that I'm sick of being sick.

Thank you all again for your support on my last thread.

Lisa

Well, the kidney stones and some other symptoms you are having may be due to the chemo you may have had and any other medicines they have you on.

I'm going through some medical problems myself for over the last year and a half and some of what I went through was because of the drugs I was given. The docs tried to cure one problem and created several other problems.

Drinking tons of water may be a problem too, because I had a kidney doctor tell me I was drinking too much and I was washing all the salt out of my body. Our bodies need salt to operate, which actually sent me to the hospital.

Also, the doctors these days don't seem to know anything outside of their own specialty, so the ENT doctor was looking at one thing, the endocrinologist was looking at another thing, the kidney doctor was looking at another thing, the neurologist looked at another thing, and the PCP didn't seem to care about anything except trying to give me a flu shot. I'm still dealing with side effects and doing research on my own.

Oh, by the way, all these doctors told me different things were the reasons for my symptoms. So I still have not gotten a reason for what has happened to me, although I have my own theories.

So see what the doctors have to say, but also do your own research by looking up the drugs and procedures on WebMD. One of the drugs the cardiologist gave me specifically removed salt from my body, creating the low sodium levels in my body that I had, and a nurse found that out for me. So take an active participation in your illness and do your own research. Good luck.

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time and feeling unwell. I've been the same too past two years and it's so draining. I understand how you feel and we probably want nothing more than to actually wake up one day feeling healthy and ok.

Kidney stones usually come from too much uric acid. And uric acid can come from many factors including too much of a certain kind of food (if you Google "high purine foods" , it's those foods that need to be avoided or kept minimal). Drinking nettle tea is very effective for flushing out excess uric acid. It doesn't taste great but it works.

Raw apple cider vinegar is very effective too at disolving kidney stones. You put 2 tablespoons in a glass of warm water in the morning and drink it down. Again, tastes horrible, but it's an extremely effective treatment for many things. It can also be very helpful with your weight loss. If you Google it, you'll find out a lot about what you can take it for and how. The kidney stones can also be caused by weight gain so they shouldn't be much more of an issue if you keep working on getting your weight down. Good luck and I wish you good health soon !

Thank you so much for your awesome responses and helpful tips.

I don't need a cystoscope and the Urologist said I can see him back In six months.

I'm feeling better since I passed the very last stone!

I tried apple cider vinegar and my GI doctor told me to stop since I have GERD and the acidity was making it worse. Thank you though I have read wonderful things on it.

As for hair loss I'm seeing my dermatologist instead of endocrine since they tested me for everything under the sun and it's not an endocrine problem.

Thank you again,

Health issues are frustrating and I wish I had more answers about my kidney stones and why I'm getting them. Unfortunately my Urologist didn't give me a chance to ask which annoyed me.

Archived