Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Only too eager guys

Mikaila

Only too eager guys

Why it seems that the only guys who are interested are the too eager guys? And they usually are the ones that I don't like physically or emotionally. Obviously the ones I am interested seem not interested maybe because I am too eager myself with them? Tips? Maybe to treat the non-interested as the too eager guys?

SherrySher
    It could just be your personality. Maybe you find it more attractive to go after the men who are harder to get? Maybe they seem more mysterious or better seeing as they are more unattainable?

The ones who are eager might in your eyes look too easy a catch?

Mikaila
    That too. Also, the ones I am attracted are never too eager! Also, with these guys I an shy where instead with the others I am not.

SherrySher
    It's not a problem per se. If you find the guys that are less eager more attractive, so be it. There's nothing wrong with it.

I think both men and women want a chase to a certain degree and if there is no chase at all, some people can find it boring. It's not like that for everyone, obviously. Some people want people who are eager.

It all depends on your preference.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Is it too eager or is it clingy and insecure? there's a difference between being turned off by someone who lacks social skills, doesn't give you space to get to know them on the one hand and someone who is simply reliable and trustworthy where you like more of a challenge that comes from the unreliable people. Figure that out first IMO and then you can take it from there.

Mikaila
    I am sorry to sound bad but the ones who are like that are never the ones I find beautiful to put it bluntly. It never happens with guys I find beautiful. I know that this a probl

SherrySher
    Why is it a problem? It's your opinion and if that's the type of man you're attracted to, then so be it.

Griffey
    Bronze Member
    Your standards are too high.

IAmFCA
    Yes, this used to be me. Consider whether you are avoiding being in a truly intimate relationship. Its hard to self-identify. At least, it was for me. Googling about avoidant attachment styles helped me understand.

Try to think of men as people. Forget their gender and assume they have forgotten yours. That may lead to some confusing situations that will help you identify how you behave differently with different people.

At some point, your attraction will become less powerful as you begin to value people over products. It takes a long time to know a person so your desire for the hot ones will be tempered by how little you know about that person.

The ones who are over eager for you will fall away because your behavior will become more neutral and also becauae you won't notice their interest.

smackie9
    It simple psychology. We desire most what we can't have. When we are faced with someone who seems aloof or a challenge, dopamine is released our brain, making them more desirable to us.

I have told many guys to be desirable is to be unavailable. For girls we see this as very masculine/confident/strong....traits that we find so irresistible.

Being too eager, putting you up on a pedestal, doing everything for you, is seen as weak, submissive behavior. I just go ew! when I think about it lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
I'm always the one messaging first lately.... not her.
I've been dating this woman for the past few weeks. We've gone on about 4 dates so far. Date #5 occurring this Saturday. Anyway, lately, it
Why would people ghost rather than saying something
Speaking to a girl for a month or so, been on a couple dates went well and we spoke a lot. After the last date we were still speaking for a few days
He didn't even bother to cancel our date leaving me feeling disrespected
We made plans to go out on Friday evening. No place/specific time but we did discuss possible things to do and I knew it would be in the evening
Does she like me? Another second date confusion...
Met another girl online and we went on a date at Sunday ([I]this is the 7th girl I go on a first date with for the past few months, I suck at
Is he really even interested? Please help.
I am really torn on what to do. I know I'm emotional at times and I don't know if this is honestly a problem or if it's all in my own head and I'm
Ghosted by an Ďamazingí man?
Hi Everyone, So after finally leaving an emotionally abusive relationship with a man I had a child with I finally started dating. I went on a few
Silence - Out of the Blue?
So I met this girl (26) initially on OKCupid... turns out that we worked at the same place and had a lot in common. I am 24. We talked everyday

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice