Being a woman..

Jenniferdiana3

Im 34 and i honestly dont feel like a woman or know how to be a woman. When i see other girls they seem different then me and more grown. I feel like i havent grown yet. I feel like a mess and like i cant do things for myself sometimes. I dont even have a life. I still live with my mom. I just feel bad because of it. How can be more woman like?

The question is exactly what kind of woman do you want to be? The frilly, silly lipstick kind? The roll up your sleeves and pitch in kind of woman? The girl next store wifey woman? The working, smart, professional woman? The tomboyish woman?

In other words, there are many kinds of woman, but basically you should be yourself. And you will meet someone who appreciates that.

Im 34 and i honestly dont feel like a woman or know how to be a woman. When i see other girls they seem different then me and more grown. I feel like i havent grown yet. I feel like a mess and like i cant do things for myself sometimes. I dont even have a life. I still live with my mom. I just feel bad because of it. How can be more woman like?

* "i honestly dont feel like a woman" ......... Can you explain what you do feel like?

* I feel like i havent grown yet - What do you mean? In what way?

* " like i cant do things for myself sometimes. ....... Why not? What stops you?

* I dont even have a life........... Why not? Do you work?

I'm assuming you mean "being a woman" less from a gendered slant and more from a "grown adult" angle. I think you've identified for yourself a couple aspects that would greatly enhance your maturity and independence. What are you doing to get out on your own? What skills do you feel you can work on? Nothing is stopping you from setting these kinds of goals and working toward them.

Do you mean an adult or as far as woman-a gender? I was single until I was 42 and started feeling like a woman instead of a girl in college when I did an internship and a college student I worked with referred to herself as a college woman and her friends as college women. I'd just never thought of it that way. Adult -I lived with my parents until my late 20s when I was done with grad school and became financially independent around that time but worked before that. What made me feel like a woman was that kind of independence, my career and working towards my goal of marriage and family. Now I'm in my 50s, I have a young son and I often just want to be swaddled in a soft blanket sipping coffee - I learned about "swaddling" when my son was an infant and he wasn't a fan but now I am LOL. Not sure what that makes me.

Lol sorry! I guess i was going to answer sooner or later. What i meant is that i dont feel "mature"..i still feel like a "girl"..not a woman..

Can you answer the questions below please so that we have a better understanding of what you're talking about?

* "i honestly dont feel like a woman" ......... Can you explain what you do feel like?

* I feel like i havent grown yet - What do you mean? In what way?

* " like i cant do things for myself sometimes. ....... Why not? What stops you?

* I dont even have a life........... Why not? Do you work?

Archived