Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Could I be pregnant if I had a period?

Could I be pregnant if I had a period?

Boyfriend and I had unprotected sex 5.5 weeks ago (he pulled out), and I got my period 2--3 days later, and it was normal, lasted regular amount of time and the flow was as usual. But now my period is 2 weeks late.
    I took a pregnancy test after it was 5 days late and it was negative. Is it even possible to be pregnant if I got my period after possible conception?

Platinum Member
    Based on what you said, no, but I am not a doctor yet. chi

Platinum Member
    You being stressed might have caused the period to be delayed. Hang in there a little longer. You can take another pregnancy test if it will help your fears.

Do you have your dates wrong? Your period is not 2 weeks late if you had it 5 weeks ago. Probably its a few days late.

Also both my children were conceived via the pull out method so if you don't want to have a child I suggest using a different mode of protection.

I got pregnant from the pull out. Having unprotected sex... chances are, yes.

Please use your head. Protection works wonders.

7. 12-28-2017, 12:08 AM

The website you posted does not work. She needs to take an accurate test that reads her hormone levels (HGC) flowing through her body, not an online survey. Or she needs to book an appointment with a primary care doctor to do blood test.

Platinum Member
    Probably not if the test was negative. My friend had her period for four months while she was pregnant (and no she was not in danger of miscarrying, etc it wasn't like that). I would get tested to be sure.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice