Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanting to lose 5 pounds in the next 3 weeks

Platinum Member

Wanting to lose 5 pounds in the next 3 weeks

Been realising that I've been eating lots of fried food and junk food lately. Been feeling sluggish and have def gained weight. Currently only eating greens (cucumber, spinach and tomatoes) and chicken/salmon as meals. But when I eat out, I can eat whatever. Will be cutting out sugar and reducing gluten by at least 80%.

Current stats: 5'7
    Weight: 123.5 last time I checked

Would be nice to get back to my old weight of around 104-6 but anything around 110 will be better.

Anyone keen on joining in can do so!

Currently have a smoothie for breakfast and a huge chicken salad for lunch. Might have lost 2lbs so far (been changing my eating habits for the past 2 weeks). Will be starting cardio in the next few days as well.
    Last edited by Honeycomb8; 12-03-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Gold Member
    I didn't realise this was a pro ana forum

Your current weight is healthy. Just eat well, sleep well and exercise every day for endorphins

NB: I'm a little triggered by this post but nobody here should be helping you get to a BMI in the 16s

Platinum Member
    This is nothing about being pro ana. Feel weird that you're even bringing that up? Considering how I'm eating currently is very healthy.

Everybody's body frame is different. My body suits something lighter. I ask that that you show some respect for other people thanks.

Gold Member
    I have respect for life and physical/mental wellbeing. Sometimes that doesn't jive with other people's goals for themselves and that's okay

Yeah, every body is different, but ICYMI anorexia is intentionally maintaining a BMI under 17.5 ... it is intentionally sabotaging your health for aesthetic gain. It doesn't matter if you eat healthy (orthorexia).

Speak to your doctor if you don't believe me they should be the one giving you weight loss advice

Platinum Member
    Right now in terms of nutrient levels, I'm eating healthier than most people, and it's at an adequate calorie level. I am quite knowledgeable about nutrition as well.

Bmi being so 'one size fits all' isn't the best way to judge someone because everybody's fat and muscle ratio is different. Just like some people have a smaller frame, whereas others aren't built that way.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Honeycomb8
    Right now in terms of nutrient levels, I'm eating healthier than most people, and it's at an adequate calorie level. I am quite knowledgeable about nutrition as well.

Bmi being so 'one size fits all' isn't the best way to judge someone because everybody's fat and muscle ratio is different. Just like some people have a smaller frame, whereas others aren't built that way.
    You don't have to justify it to me, I've been there. Still am in many ways. I have had several close friends with similar circumstances, also

BMI is only inaccurate if you're looking at a BMI of 25+ on someone who has considerable muscle mass
    At a BMI of 16-17, it's nearly impossible to have a medically healthy amount of fat and muscle. If you have a healthy amount of muscle, you don't have enough fat and vice versa. If you have a BMI of 19-20 and drop your fat percentage while maintaining muscle mass to keep that BMI, that can be very healthy

Do as you will
    But I don't think anyone here should be reinforcing your desire to get thinner. There's more to life

Platinum Member
    You should be eating more than those three veggies. I don't think that cucumbers offer much nutrition. Add more veggies and lean protein.

Get on the cardio and drink a lot of water.

Platinum Member
    Oh I'll be eating more than those veges lol, I just didn't wanna list them all. I'm mostly just eating fruits, vegetables and some meat, and cutting down processed food as much as possible.

Tonight I had some pork belly, tofu and for dessert, some Greek yoghurt and strawberries.

Have been drinking more tea these days and the occasional coffee.

Platinum Member
    fruit has a lot of sugar. eat in moderation, and check to see which are best.

pork belly is not a good choice. at all. you should be eating lean meat.

green tea is best, but water much better.

I know it's kind of long, but this lecture from Dr. Doug Lisle and a book called "The Starch Solution" by Dr. John McDougall helped me to lose WAY more than 5 pounds.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice