Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanting to lose 5 pounds in the next 3 weeks

Honeycomb8
    Gold Member

Wanting to lose 5 pounds in the next 3 weeks

Been realising that I've been eating lots of fried food and junk food lately. Been feeling sluggish and have def gained weight. Currently only eating greens (cucumber, spinach and tomatoes) and chicken/salmon as meals. But when I eat out, I can eat whatever. Will be cutting out sugar and reducing gluten by at least 80%.

Current stats: 5'7
    Weight: 123.5 last time I checked

Would be nice to get back to my old weight of around 104-6 but anything around 110 will be better.

Anyone keen on joining in can do so!

Currently have a smoothie for breakfast and a huge chicken salad for lunch. Might have lost 2lbs so far (been changing my eating habits for the past 2 weeks). Will be starting cardio in the next few days as well.
    Last edited by Honeycomb8; 12-04-2017 at 12:11 AM.

glitterfingers
    Gold Member
    I didn't realise this was a pro ana forum

Your current weight is healthy. Just eat well, sleep well and exercise every day for endorphins

NB: I'm a little triggered by this post but nobody here should be helping you get to a BMI in the 16s

Honeycomb8
    Gold Member
    This is nothing about being pro ana. Feel weird that you're even bringing that up? Considering how I'm eating currently is very healthy.

Everybody's body frame is different. My body suits something lighter. I ask that that you show some respect for other people thanks.

glitterfingers
    Gold Member
    I have respect for life and physical/mental wellbeing. Sometimes that doesn't jive with other people's goals for themselves and that's okay

Yeah, every body is different, but ICYMI anorexia is intentionally maintaining a BMI under 17.5 ... it is intentionally sabotaging your health for aesthetic gain. It doesn't matter if you eat healthy (orthorexia).

Speak to your doctor if you don't believe me they should be the one giving you weight loss advice

Honeycomb8
    Gold Member
    Right now in terms of nutrient levels, I'm eating healthier than most people, and it's at an adequate calorie level. I am quite knowledgeable about nutrition as well.

Bmi being so 'one size fits all' isn't the best way to judge someone because everybody's fat and muscle ratio is different. Just like some people have a smaller frame, whereas others aren't built that way.

glitterfingers
    Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeycomb8 [Register to see the link]
    Right now in terms of nutrient levels, I'm eating healthier than most people, and it's at an adequate calorie level. I am quite knowledgeable about nutrition as well.

Bmi being so 'one size fits all' isn't the best way to judge someone because everybody's fat and muscle ratio is different. Just like some people have a smaller frame, whereas others aren't built that way.
    You don't have to justify it to me, I've been there. Still am in many ways. I have had several close friends with similar circumstances, also

BMI is only inaccurate if you're looking at a BMI of 25+ on someone who has considerable muscle mass
    At a BMI of 16-17, it's nearly impossible to have a medically healthy amount of fat and muscle. If you have a healthy amount of muscle, you don't have enough fat and vice versa. If you have a BMI of 19-20 and drop your fat percentage while maintaining muscle mass to keep that BMI, that can be very healthy

Do as you will
    But I don't think anyone here should be reinforcing your desire to get thinner. There's more to life

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    You should be eating more than those three veggies. I don't think that cucumbers offer much nutrition. Add more veggies and lean protein.

Get on the cardio and drink a lot of water.

Honeycomb8
    Gold Member
    Oh I'll be eating more than those veges lol, I just didn't wanna list them all. I'm mostly just eating fruits, vegetables and some meat, and cutting down processed food as much as possible.

Tonight I had some pork belly, tofu and for dessert, some Greek yoghurt and strawberries.

Have been drinking more tea these days and the occasional coffee.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    fruit has a lot of sugar. eat in moderation, and check to see which are best.

pork belly is not a good choice. at all. you should be eating lean meat.

green tea is best, but water much better.

Krankor
    I know it's kind of long, but this lecture from Dr. Doug Lisle and a book called "The Starch Solution" by Dr. John McDougall helped me to lose WAY more than 5 pounds.[Register to see the link]

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Had sex w/bf for 1st time; to get all the way in, he had to get over a "hump"
He and I actually tried having sex last week for the first time; when he tried to get in, I found it painful so he took it out. We tried again like
Car motion sickness a week before period
Has anyone experienced it ? I mean as passenger in a bus and in car. ..right when i got outside i was fine...
How to Gain Control, Over-OCD?
I have had OCD 4 years. Mine suffer, through my experiences knows no bound.OCD is classified as an anxiety disorder. It is also a neurological

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice