My ex haunts my dreams

I've always had vivid dreams, I can remember every detail when I wake up right down to the way I felt in the dreams. But these dreams have become more frequent and I can't understand why, and because I'm now in a loving relationship where I don't even need to think about my ex anymore I feel I'm alone in this. I don't know who to tell about this problem, I dont have a counselor to speak to. I left this horrible, draining relationship this time last year. It only lasted about 4 months, but it was intense and I felt that I loved him. Thankfully, after I was left confused and drowning I met the love of my life. And I don't mean that lightly, I am supposed to be with my current boyfriend. He's wonderful, and deserves so much more than a girlfriend that still dreams about her ex over a year later. Thats why the dream I had last night worried me. My dream happened in a place I had never seen, but I knew was my house. In my dream my exs current fiance dropped Ben- my ex- off at my house and said "he's your problem now". Which didn't surprise me in my dream, the man is a nightmare for anyone that tries to love him, the ways are too many to explain. In the dream he got out of the van with his things and said he loved me and didnt have anyone else to turn to, I just started crying because I wanted this but knew it was going to ruin my life.

My boyfriend and family members were inside my house so I snuck ben to the guest house in the back. I just wanted to talk to him, I felt I deserved to know why we ended the way we did. I still feel it didnt have to be that way, but in my dream I was only concerned with getting an explanation from this man I once loved. At some point in my dream my cousin came out and said "your boyfriend knows what you're doing and he's leaving you." So I ran inside as fast as I could only to find my heart broken boyfriend crying asking me why he was so important. All I could say is he isn't he just didn't have anywhere else to go. But I didn't have the heart to tell him I had waited a year to really have a full conversation about what happened, it's safe to say in reality I didn't get closure from that relationship. But in a non-dream state I'm fine with that, I have a good man that loves me, I don't need ben anymore. So why am I dreaming about him still? Does it mean I still love him? He did try to lead me on throughout the year by stopping in my store saying he's sorry and he can't sleep at night because I haunt his mind. It was all bull but I'll never forget it, and I hate myself for it. In my dream my cousin got with ben while I was gone, and when I came back after dealing with my boyfriend just breaking up with me I asked them why they were doing this to me, why he kept coming back and ing my life up. They just ignored me and acted like I wasn't there. I just don't understand what's wrong with me. I also have had extremely vivid dreams that my teeth fall out along with these dreams, I can feel them loose in my mouth. The second time I had that dream I thought it was reality because I could remember having that dream before.

I think your subconscious mind is still trying to find closure with your previous relationship. It doesn't have anything to do with your current relationship. Your mind is still trying to figure out what happened. From what little you've said, I have a feeling that your ex is a terrible person and you're in denial about it. You also have an issue with your cousin. Has she had a lot of boyfriends in her life? Well, that's not really the main issue you're dealing with.

I would suggest you're suffering a little from PTSD from this former relationship. You have to admit to yourself that this guy was awful and that's why you broke up. Your love was misplaced. He didn't deserve it.

Your dreams of loose teeth fit right in with this. I'm glad you mentioned it. Dreams of loose teeth represent a fear of letting go of something that has high value to you, in this case, your feeling of love with this former bf. It also represents grief and loss. Again, you're grieving over the loss of your love affair (not from the loss of the boyfriend). It's a common dream and it fits right in with what you're dealing with.

DO NOT let your dreams sabotage your current relationship. You're not dreaming about your ex, you're trying to deal with the traumatic stress you experienced in the relationship. Do not even think you're not worthy of your current boyfriend, because the dreams do not mean what you think they mean. Cheer up and good luck.

Archived