Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend jealous of my ex

Playpretend

Boyfriend jealous of my ex

I have this ex who completely broke my heart anytime i even hear his name its painful. I decided to.go no contact a year ago and commited to never checking up on him or knowing anything about him. Today my current boyfriend was telling me how he checked up on my exs facebook and was about to update me about his life. Before he had a chance i said please dont tell me any information because i dont want to know. Now hes annoyed because he thinks im not over him and he said i looked like i was about to burst out crying when he mentioned his name. Now hes refusing to talk to me and went home straight away. Did i handle the situatiom wrong? I just didnt want to open an old wound when i was doing well.

JA0371
    Platinum Member
    Why did he look him up?? That's strange....honestly I think he crossed a line of sorts by even doing that. What was he trying to accomplish??

IAmFCA
    OP, you're not over him until you accept that you were in a relationship with someone who wasn't right for you, take responsibility for that, and let the pain go. Let it go so you go forward without any part of you left in the past.

JA0371
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmFCA [Register to see the link]
    OP, you're not over him until you accept that you were in a relationship with someone who wasn't right for you, take responsibility for that, and let the pain go. Let it go so you go forward without any part of you left in the past.
    With respect...I don't thnk the OP did anything wrong here. I think it was her right to not want to discuss her ex.

Playpretend
    Maybe therea a part of me thats not over it but its been a long time and i have moved on there will always be a little part of me hurt over that but i dont think that will ever go away.

Playpretend
    I think hd should be happy i dont want to be stuck in the past instead of checking up on my ex all the time. Wouldnt that be worse?

IAmFCA
    Quote Originally Posted by JA0371 [Register to see the link]
    Why did he look him up?? That's strange....honestly I think he crossed a line of sorts by even doing that. What was he trying to accomplish??
    I agree.

Nonetheless, OP expresses a degree of pain that is right beneath the surface. She is holding onto pain; I see his point. And to have left altogether... thinking his instincts already were firing about this.

Snny
    Quote Originally Posted by JA0371 [Register to see the link]
    With respect...I don't thnk the OP did anything wrong here. I think it was her right to not want to discuss her ex.
    I 100% agree with this. One of my exes physically abused me... Hospital visit and a restraining order was involved. S**t I wouldn't want to talk about in detail because it's so painful. If I ever dated a guy who was going on social media to stalk my exes on social media and then tried interrogating me with my past, I would be done with him in a heartbeat. This isn't about rebounding... This is about the boyfriend being very insecure and trying to dig up the OP's past.

The fault is on the boyfriend. He is the one displaying lack of trust by snooping.

The way I see it, the OP IS burying the hatchet and trying to move on. Her boyfriend is trying to dig the hatchet up.

This guy should be toast.

LHGirl
    Forum Supporter
    I'd be questioning, and annoyed with, your boyfriend. It's not like you look up your ex, or talk excessively about him, or text him. Your boyfriend has this strange jealous fascination with this ex, and I'd be ticked. Not only did he do something weird to look him up, but he tried to get a rise out of you by trying to get you to view your ex's stuff.

I'd tread carefully with this boyfriend. Line: crossed.

IAmFCA
    Quote Originally Posted by LHGirl [Register to see the link]
    I'd be questioning, and annoyed with, your boyfriend. It's not like you look up your ex, or talk excessively about him, or text him. Your boyfriend has this strange jealous fascination with this ex, and I'd be ticked. Not only did he do something weird to look him up, but he tried to get a rise out of you by trying to get you to view your ex's stuff.

I'd tread carefully with this boyfriend. Line: crossed.
    yes yes yes
    OP, are you over him?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
I'm always the one messaging first lately.... not her.
I've been dating this woman for the past few weeks. We've gone on about 4 dates so far. Date #5 occurring this Saturday. Anyway, lately, it
Why would people ghost rather than saying something
Speaking to a girl for a month or so, been on a couple dates went well and we spoke a lot. After the last date we were still speaking for a few days
He didn't even bother to cancel our date leaving me feeling disrespected
We made plans to go out on Friday evening. No place/specific time but we did discuss possible things to do and I knew it would be in the evening
Does she like me? Another second date confusion...
Met another girl online and we went on a date at Sunday ([I]this is the 7th girl I go on a first date with for the past few months, I suck at
Is he really even interested? Please help.
I am really torn on what to do. I know I'm emotional at times and I don't know if this is honestly a problem or if it's all in my own head and I'm
Ghosted by an Ďamazingí man?
Hi Everyone, So after finally leaving an emotionally abusive relationship with a man I had a child with I finally started dating. I went on a few
Silence - Out of the Blue?
So I met this girl (26) initially on OKCupid... turns out that we worked at the same place and had a lot in common. I am 24. We talked everyday

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice