Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to be at peace with a breakup?

driedoutonion

How to be at peace with a breakup?

What made you give up/forget about your ex who broke up with you?
    -is it hatred towards him or other emotion?

DancingFool
    Self respect. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't value me.

journeynow
    The realization that I am not compatible with someone who breaks our relationship. It just doesn't fit my definition of compatibility.

driedoutonion
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingFool [Register to see the link]
    Self respect. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't value me.
    Quote Originally Posted by journeynow [Register to see the link]
    The realization that I am not compatible with someone who breaks our relationship. It just doesn't fit my definition of compatibility.
    That pretty much the mindset I was in when the break up happened, two months ago.
    It is a lot more difficult now...

firelily
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by driedoutonion [Register to see the link]
    That pretty much the mindset I was in when the break up happened, two months ago.
    What mindset do you have now? What are your thoughts about this?

DancingFool
    Sounds like it's time for you to stretch your wings a bit then, get out more, make some new friends, do something interesting, maybe head out on a date or two, etc. Don't stagnate in the same old same old and getting lonely and starting to feel that void. Fill it with fun stuff.

driedoutonion
    Quote Originally Posted by firelily [Register to see the link]
    What mindset do you have now? What are your thoughts about this?
    I'm an emotional mess.
    I miss her, I love her and I hate her for doing this to me.
    The worst thing is imagining her someone else, or thinking about her dating other people, it really kills me. It's the most difficult part.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingFool [Register to see the link]
    Sounds like it's time for you to stretch your wings a bit then, get out more, make some new friends, do something interesting, maybe head out on a date or two, etc. Don't stagnate in the same old same old and getting lonely and starting to feel that void. Fill it with fun stuff.
    I've been on several dates since the breakup, all it did for me is to enhance my feelings towards my ex.
    Really not feeling it at the moment, I'm not in a condition to meet girls at the moment.

Thanks for your replies by the way.

DancingFool
    Then not dating, certainly, but definitely expand your social circle and other activities. Keep yourself busy doing what you love and if nothing comes to mind, then just start doing/trying random things, hobbies, sports, etc. Try out meetup.com and see what's in your area that might be fun to do and just go. You are dwelling and only way to break that up is with activities that make you happy or simply occupy your mind and time. Join a sports league maybe. Nothing like coming home pleasantly exhausted, too exhausted to give your ex any head space.

SweetGirl28
    Gold Member
    I'm an emotional mess.
    I miss her, I love her and I hate her for doing this to me.
    The worst thing is imagining her someone else, or thinking about her dating other people, it really kills me. It's the most difficult part.

I've been on several dates since the breakup, all it did for me is to enhance my feelings towards my ex.
    Really not feeling it at the moment, I'm not in a condition to meet girls at the moment.

Thanks for your replies by the way.
    I want to take you under my wing and protect your broken heart, this is all very sad

Listen, I tried dating too, it made me feel worse. So, don't do it until you are ready.
    And when you are, don't compare. No one will ever be her. You will have to embrace
    someone new for the different qualities they have to offer. Know what you like, though,
    and don't settle for less.

You should be social with friends, family, hangouts. Being around positive people doing things you
    enjoy will help. What about video games? Guys can get lost in those for hours, lol

Try not to let your mind wander about who she is with or what she's doing. It doesn't mean she's
    happy necessarily. And every relationship has issues. For you to think she will be having fun and
    living the high life every day isn't reality.

This is time to build upon yourself, find happiness without her, and believe me if ever you cross paths
    again, she will love the new light shining upon you. Even if it's the end forever.
    You were holding out for so long that now you have to grieve. Go through the steps. Anger is good,
    it will push you forward. The day will come when you won't hate her. I was feeling the same until my recent
    ex reached out this week, and suddenly the anger released and I've not lost one nights sleep. That was what I
    needed to get me through. I refuse to contact him. If he keeps reaching out, I'll reply. But if not, I'm fine with it.
    It took almost three months for this. There's no saying how long it will take, but there is light ahead for you
    thru this dark time. Believe in yourself. Value yourself. The strength will come.

journeynow
    Understandable. It can a roller coaster. I found it got tougher a few months in. Perhaps there is some shock and numbness at the beginning? The intensity you are feeling may be part of the healing process.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
Ex contacted me after 3 months NC
I dated this girl for 2 years, we loved each other very much but we were not good for each other, or at least we never successfully addressed the
Ex text me last night after two months but it was her boyfriend
Man where do I start. Can anyone shed some light. My ex and I had this awesome relationship for 6 months. I said some stupid things which I own up to
I deleted her from Social media but I still miss her like crazy. She was my best friend. Now what?
ME POST BREAK UP So it's been 3 months NC and I still miss her like crazy. Like every hour I think of her. I think of her when I go to bed and I
My Husband has left me with 2 children and pregnant for someone else!!
Hey everyone ... Iíve never posted on here and Iím so embarrassed to write this and tbh so ashamed of myself 😔 My Husband left me a couple
Any tips?
It has been a long year since I began the breakup of my 5 year long relationship with the father of my children.. but only 3-4 months or so since the
Separation/Divorce Counselling
Has anyone had any experience of this please? TIA
frusturated- it has been a month since the BU and dating others sucks
So it has been a bit over a month since my ex broke up with me, I am heart broken but forcing myself to move on. I have installed a couple of

Featured Threads
Red Flag if the guy on first date does not pay for my food?
A guys asked me out to a dinner and picked the restaurant. Toward the end, when the waiter came to drop off the bill, the waiter leaned toward the
narcissistic ex - help/ how to get back at him
So this is a post about a narcisisstic, immature ex. Not an ex boyfriend, not an ex boy, but something in between. It was something in between
University freshers fling?
[B]Hey there! [/B] Thank you so much for reading this. I just [I]REALLY [/I]need advice as it's SERIOUSLY affecting MY LIFE
Should you call out your ex when you find out they've been cheating on you?
Just some thoughts guys. Have you been cheated on? What did you do? Did you call your ex out on the lies and deceit? Or go on with your lives?
Ex is being so angry and hateful
I was in kind of relationship for almost 6-7 months but unexpectedly we broke up. He dumped. Just on a fight. Just day after our breakup. I went back
How to avoid checking up on ex social media?
Hi friends, Iím finding that posting here and seeing so many of us in the same boat is proving rather helpful in my own journey to move on. That
Break-up
Hi, I've recently just been broken up with by my girlfriend of two years, she has stated it wasn't all my fault and she is part to blame, but would
Ask For Advice