Fool me Once shame on you, Fool me twice cant put the blame on you, Fool me 3 times you

Steve Z

Please read this.

So the story goes like this(Im in college, in a fraternity)

One year ago i thought i met the person i wanted to spend the rest of my life with. The most beautiful girl i have ever seen. We shared many laughs and bonded like I have never experienced before. We went together like PB&J. Our friend group called us as a couple "Mom&Dad". Her family adored me, my family loved her.

Fast foward about 10 months ...

My ex was never much of a social butterfly amongst other females, they always treated her poorly and i always protected her from the negativity they started. She decides to join a sorority which I had some concerns about because I know how it changes people and didnt want these girls to manipulate her.. Anyway i supported her about 2/3rds of the way through the process when i started to notice she had become very distant from me not showing me much affection, and our physical relationship basically plummeted. This made me try even harder to win her back but my attempts only moved her away further. She ended up breaking up with me a week or so later. I was devastated.

I asked her to try counsiling with me in attempts to mend whatever scars she though we had, and she refused.

A few days later i get a call from her sobbing uncontrolably. She had gotten in trouble with the law and needed me to come save the day. I still had a ridiculous ammount of feelings for this girl so of course i helped her. She sobbed in my arms and wanted to get back with me and I just had to follow my heart so I said yes. She was open to conseling at this point so we did that; 2 appointments and we were over our issues because we worked things out away from counseling.

Anniversary month comes...also one day appart from my birthday

My parents suprised me with tickets to a NFL game on monday night. I decided to take my then GF with me even though i knew my dad wanted to go. We had an amzing time. The whole week we laughed danced and sang like we had at the beginning of our relationship. For our anniversary we went out to a nice italian meal split the cost very romantic.

The next day i took her to an nba game because thanksgiving was comming up and her family doesnt live in my city so i knew i wasnt going to see her. Bought her drinks and once again had a great time kisses all around the whole deal. Next night took her to christmas lights. Once again great time. Thanksgiving break comes we dont see each other for 3 days. She texts me very rarely, but no big deal shes with her family im not bothered by it.

So friday comes and she wants me to drive to her home town and stay a few nights with her cause she would be alone. So i drive 2 hours to her place at night and it was just like the whole week we had before had not even happened. She went right back to being distant and not appreciating me like i had done something wrong. I really didnt like that.

So monday comes around were back at school and all of a sudden shes all happy go lucky like the weekend didnt even happen. I was so confused and had my guard up the whole day. Didnt really communicate at all that day, she didnt want to talk to me and vice versa. So i texted her i wanted to talk about how she acted the days before which ended in no compromise like I had expected. So she starts telling me she doesnt really think things are working in our favor even though we had such a great month and not to mention the countless dollars i spent on her the previous week(Anniversary, Sporting Events, ect).

So she ends things with me over text(after one year) saying im not helping her growth and Im holding her back and a bunch of bs that i didnt think I was doing at all.

At this point im just so confused and angered.

Went and got all my stuff from her place and returned every single thing she had given to me throughout our relationship. Basically my way of saying you there will be no other chances.

I just feel so betrayed because I thought i knew her and i honestly loved this girl. Yet again i feel like i was used and undervalued.

Please comment, i really just needed to put these thoughts to ink.

I know how bad it sucks being dumped by a text message, my ex did the same thing to me a month ago. Luckily, in your case, there isn’t another dude in the picture. I recommend that you do what everyone else stated and go NC. It’s going to be pretty rough, seeing how you have deep feelings for her, but you need to keep yourself distracted, I don’t know, go to the gym, try to get in better shape, you seem like a decent dude, some girls just don’t appreciate the things that you do for them. Good luck brother.

should i completely forget about her? Everyone has said to do that but it so tough you know, being so close to someone to walking by them without saying a word. There will be no other chance for her but I hope one day she will realize my true value because I really did care and I guess that was just my Achilles heel.

She’s the one that decided to end things, if you see her in school and she says hi, well I guess it isn’t wrong to be friendly with her, but no small talk, just keep moving on with your day. It’s going to be really hard man, I know, but if you really love her you need to let her go. I mean, what other option do you truly have? Anything else you do will probably push her away. Just so you for now and things will get better. I’m currently 1 month NC and even though I’m not 100% recovered, I feel a lot better than a month back. It’s up to you though in the end.

Archived