Mother in law

Glata

....ummm....no....she IS his mother for crying out loud and it is her b-day. I would hope he thinks his mother is an amazing woman. You aren't in competition with his mom.

Regarding the "do everything and ask for nothing".....you might want to rethink what you are doing and how you are acting. Not to mention that your statement is clearly not true - you are asking for something in return - appreciation and gratitude. Anyway, nobody really likes a martyr and it doesn't pay to be one, so maybe don't act like that. It's just not healthy for you or your marriage.

On my mom's birthday, I posted a video of me singing "Happy Birthday to you........... NOT" and then throwing the cake straight into the garbage. I find the fact your husband shows such appreciation for his mother absolutely disgusting. You should find a good man whose only regret in life is not having kicked his mother's uterine wall more often as a fetus.

On my mom's birthday, I posted a video of me singing "Happy Birthday to you........... NOT" and then throwing the cake straight into the garbage. I find the fact your husband shows such appreciation for his mother absolutely disgusting. You should find a good man whose only regret in life is not having kicked his mother's uterine wall more often as a fetus.

LOL I enjoy the sarcasm

Ladies, would you be upset if you’re newly married, do everything for your husband (ask for nothing in return) and then have him post on Facebook on his mother’s birthday that “ Happy Birthday to the most amazing woman I know” ?

Good grief! Of course not. I think that it is endearing.

You should not "do everything" for your husband.

To clarify, this has nothing to do with insecurity. I was simply asking whether or not anyone would be upset if their husband would publicly refer to their mother as THE MOST AMAZING woman they know. See to me, being that I’m the one who deals with her constant manipulation (with a smile on my face), being the one who took care of my husband after brain surgery and dealt with alllll the things that come with being the wife while she does nothing. I love the fact that he’s very close with his family, as am I. But to basically being told that after all that I am not #1 as a wife should be was a ty feeling.

Are you suggesting that he should have put "To the second most amazing woman I know!" as part of a birthday greeting to his mother?

Come on!!!

You're not in competition with his mother. With respect, she's been around for a lot longer than you have!

If he'd put a similar greeting to an ex-girlfriend, it might have warranted a raised eyebrow or two, but he didn't. Don't give it a second thought!

To clarify, this has nothing to do with insecurity. I was simply asking whether or not anyone would be upset if their husband would publicly refer to their mother as THE MOST AMAZING woman they know. See to me, being that I’m the one who deals with her constant manipulation (with a smile on my face), being the one who took care of my husband after brain surgery and dealt with alllll the things that come with being the wife while she does nothing. I love the fact that he’s very close with his family, as am I. But to basically being told that after all that I am not #1 as a wife should be was a ty feeling.

I think you are trying to make this about you, but it just isn't. Pick your battles OP. In your shoes, I just wouldn't bat an eye at this. This is such a hallmark card type statement that is correct for the occasion. You'd really be wise not to insert yourself into this. You might have a leg to stand on if it was out of the blue, but since it's her b-day, what he said is simply appropriate and that's that. It just isn't about you and shouldn't be.

I think you are trying to make this about you, but it just isn't. Pick your battles OP. In your shoes, I just wouldn't bat an eye at this. This is such a hallmark card type statement that is correct for the occasion. You'd really be wise not to insert yourself into this. You might have a leg to stand on if it was out of the blue, but since it's her b-day, what he said is simply appropriate and that's that. It just isn't about you and shouldn't be.

Yes, I suppose you’re right. I feel silly now

Archived