Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dad is mad that I'm going on dates with...

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I don't understand where the analogy to Goldie Hawn comes from.
    Kate Hudson (Goldie’s daughter) does not consider her birth father to be her real father at all. She considers Kurt Russell to be her father. I have a feeling Mike’s kids will end up in a similar situation.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by TulipWriter
    Kate Hudson (Goldie’s daughter) does not consider her birth father to be her real father at all. She considers Kurt Russell to be her father. I have a feeling Mike’s kids will end up in a similar situation.
    Please do not compare your situation or his to celebrities. You really have no clue. And it doesn't matter how this person's children will end up -you don't want to marry him and you don't want to be a mother. All that matters is whether you believe that this person has character and integrity overall.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Exactly. I had a nervous breakdown and never left my child.
    Mike was suicidal last year because he wasn’t understanding how to do his job; he felt his children would be better off without him and even had a suicide plan. When his plan was found out he was talked down from the roof and rescued.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    All that matters is whether you believe that this person has character and integrity overall.
    Yes. He does have that. If all of you met him and looked at his Facebook profile you’d all get a much better picture of him. Please stop saying untrue things.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    This does not replace a dad that you already know. I have had 2 step dad's who I loved dearly but I know I have a birth father who I lived with for 15 years and I love him. He was so an absentee dad a lot of the time and it HURTS A PERSON SEVERELY EMOTIONALLY. So that is what he's doing to his kids .

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Mike was suicidal last year because he wasn’t understanding how to do his job; he felt his children would be better off without him and even had a suicide plan. When his plan was found out he was talked down from the roof and rescued.
    I get that. I was suicidal for at least 35 years from severe child abuse as a kid. But my son comes before anyone.

Just because Kate Hudson was ok doesn't mean every child will be. And celebrities are not reflections of every average Joe's life .

I agree with your parents and the other posters. It doesn't sound good. If a friend asked me what I thought, I'd tell her I think there are too many serious red flags for it to be a good idea to continue to date this person.

Platinum Member
    Yes. He does have that. If all of you met him and looked at his Facebook profile you’d all get a much better picture of him. Please stop saying untrue things.
    Well from his actions it sounds like he is not being an involved father for suspect reasons (not a reflection of good character), and he is mentally unstable which is not a reflection of character and integrity but raises real concerns and red flags as far as whether he can be in a romantic relationship right now.

I think it's really concerning that you would judge whether someone was of good character and integrity in any way by the person's Facebook profile.

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    I agree with your parents and the other posters. It doesn't sound good. If a friend asked me what I thought, I'd tell her I think there are too many serious red flags for it to be a good idea to continue to date this person.
    Ok, ok. I have some news. Mike told me today that there is another big reason why he divorced that he hasn’t told me yet, but said he wants to tell me tonight via FaceTime before we decide to go on any more dates. I’ll keep you all up to date.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice