Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could I be pregnant?

Could I be pregnant?

Hi.
    So, my periods are quite irregular ranging from 28 days to 36 on one occasion, but usually between 28-31 days.
    I always know when I'm ovulating though, it's quite painful.
    I had sex the day before ovulation, using the withdrawal method. (Yes, I know it's useless but heat of the moment with long term partner.)
    It's not a worry if I do end up pregnant.
    Although, my period is now due in 4 days (if it'd be 28 days)...
    But I'm suffering with extreme bouts of anxiety for no reason, I'm urinating slightly more, I'm tired all the time, my hands are tingling and I feel really swollen everywhere, although I'm not physically swollen.
    I haven't had any bleeding, but I am cramping slightly. My mood swings are increasing, often getting upset about small things. Im getting really spotty and I'm more gassy than usual, too.
    Oh and seem to be itchy on my legs and arms a lot... Is this just PMS? Is it too early to get any symptoms of pregnancy?
    Thank you in advance! Any input will help.

Take a test. Stop worrying yourself.

Platinum Member
    Definitely take a test - I waited to test until I was 8 days late to make sure it was accurate (I wanted to be pregnant) but I understand you can take it earlier than that.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I have taken tests up to 5 days early and have it be accurate.

I got pregnant from the withdrawl method. Thankfully it was with my husband and we were in a very secured place to have the baby. Unfortunately I recently lost it to miscarriage.

So anyway... Never, ever use the withdrawal method as birth control. Very ineffective.

I haven't had any bleeding, but I am cramping slightly. My mood swings are increasing, often getting upset about small things.
    Most likely from stress. Cramps and moods all from your anxiety. But if you ARE pregnant, then you need to keep your stress and anxiety under firm control or it will affect the development of your baby (and risk a miscarriage). Seriously, work on that part first.

I had implantation bleeding. Very light. I thought it was my period, but nope! It Happens when the fertilized egg "burrows" itself in your uterus wall. So even if you bleed, don't write it off that you aren't pregnant unless you are bleeding for days and the flow is heavy.

Like everyone says, take the test. Don't have sex if there is not any protection available.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Snny
    I got pregnant from the withdrawl method. Thankfully it was with my husband and we were in a very secured place to have the baby. Unfortunately I recently lost it to miscarriage.

So anyway... Never, ever use the withdrawal method as birth control. Very ineffective.

Most likely from stress. Cramps and moods all from your anxiety. But if you ARE pregnant, then you need to keep your stress and anxiety under firm control or it will affect the development of your baby (and risk a miscarriage). Seriously, work on that part first.

I had implantation bleeding. Very light. I thought it was my period, but nope! It Happens when the fertilized egg "burrows" itself in your uterus wall. So even if you bleed, don't write it off that you aren't pregnant unless you are bleeding for days and the flow is heavy.

Like everyone says, take the test. Don't have sex if there is not any protection available.
    Awwww I am so sorry sweetheart.

Platinum Member
    So sorry to hear this Snny. Hope you are all doing ok.

Pregnancy tests are free at some clinics, or you can find an inexpensive one at a large retailer like Walmart.

Platinum Member
    "I had sex the day before ovulation, using the withdrawal method. (Yes, I know it's useless but heat of the moment with long term partner.)"

Toss a coin and those are your chances for pregnancy. Yes, take a stick test as soon as you miss your period if it doesn't come in 4 days.

Could I be pregnant?
    Of course. Withdrawal is not a 'method'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice