Could I be pregnant?

ChelseaaSmith

Hi.

So, my periods are quite irregular ranging from 28 days to 36 on one occasion, but usually between 28-31 days.

I always know when I'm ovulating though, it's quite painful.

I had sex the day before ovulation, using the withdrawal method. (Yes, I know it's useless but heat of the moment with long term partner.)

It's not a worry if I do end up pregnant.

Although, my period is now due in 4 days (if it'd be 28 days)...

But I'm suffering with extreme bouts of anxiety for no reason, I'm urinating slightly more, I'm tired all the time, my hands are tingling and I feel really swollen everywhere, although I'm not physically swollen.

I haven't had any bleeding, but I am cramping slightly. My mood swings are increasing, often getting upset about small things. Im getting really spotty and I'm more gassy than usual, too.

Oh and seem to be itchy on my legs and arms a lot... Is this just PMS? Is it too early to get any symptoms of pregnancy?

Thank you in advance! Any input will help.

I got pregnant from the withdrawl method. Thankfully it was with my husband and we were in a very secured place to have the baby. Unfortunately I recently lost it to miscarriage.

So anyway... Never, ever use the withdrawal method as birth control. Very ineffective.

I haven't had any bleeding, but I am cramping slightly. My mood swings are increasing, often getting upset about small things.

Most likely from stress. Cramps and moods all from your anxiety. But if you ARE pregnant, then you need to keep your stress and anxiety under firm control or it will affect the development of your baby (and risk a miscarriage). Seriously, work on that part first.

I had implantation bleeding. Very light. I thought it was my period, but nope! It Happens when the fertilized egg "burrows" itself in your uterus wall. So even if you bleed, don't write it off that you aren't pregnant unless you are bleeding for days and the flow is heavy.

Like everyone says, take the test. Don't have sex if there is not any protection available.

I got pregnant from the withdrawl method. Thankfully it was with my husband and we were in a very secured place to have the baby. Unfortunately I recently lost it to miscarriage.

So anyway... Never, ever use the withdrawal method as birth control. Very ineffective.

Most likely from stress. Cramps and moods all from your anxiety. But if you ARE pregnant, then you need to keep your stress and anxiety under firm control or it will affect the development of your baby (and risk a miscarriage). Seriously, work on that part first.

I had implantation bleeding. Very light. I thought it was my period, but nope! It Happens when the fertilized egg "burrows" itself in your uterus wall. So even if you bleed, don't write it off that you aren't pregnant unless you are bleeding for days and the flow is heavy.

Like everyone says, take the test. Don't have sex if there is not any protection available.

Awwww I am so sorry sweetheart.

"I had sex the day before ovulation, using the withdrawal method. (Yes, I know it's useless but heat of the moment with long term partner.)"

Toss a coin and those are your chances for pregnancy. Yes, take a stick test as soon as you miss your period if it doesn't come in 4 days.

I don't understand why we get so many threads asking if they could be pregnant????

Just go get a pregnancy test and save yourself the time it took us to tell you to take a pregnancy test.

Op: Google "Precum" and read. Google "The Morning After Pill" in case you find yourself with a broken condom or falling to the "heat of the moment" again. Ask your doctor for birth control pills.

I posted this on behalf of my friend as I'm not sure how to help her, and I never had any of these symptoms early on my own pregnancy. As she already stated she knows withdrawal isn't safe, but she doesn't mind getting pregnant. Stop being so condescending and read the post! All she wants to know is if these symptoms are possibly early pregnancy. Not being told on every answer "get a test", she already knows that she's not dull. She just wondered if anybody else had experienced the same

I posted this on behalf of my friend as I'm not sure how to help her, and I never had any of these symptoms early on my own pregnancy. As she already stated she knows withdrawal isn't safe, but she doesn't mind getting pregnant. Stop being so condescending and read the post! All she wants to know is if these symptoms are possibly early pregnancy. Not being told on every answer "get a test", she already knows that she's not dull. She just wondered if anybody else had experienced the same

The title of the thread is "Could I be pregnant?". Not "Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?"

Yes, my friend typed it out and sent it to me so I posted it for her as she doesn't understand how to use the forum. Is that really that hard to grasp?

Yes her boyfriend feels the same way. And to be quite frank I don't think he'd have used the withdrawal method if he was entirely bothered. They often talk about children. They're both 25, stable jobs and a good income. All she wanted to know was if anybody else had experienced any of this and if it was possible to have symptoms this early. Sheesh. Internet really is the most judgemental place.

Because she's not very internet savvy? Doesn't really like using these things? She doesn't even have Facebook, but she asked for my advice and I said I could ask on here which she OKed as the only way she can know if it's possible to feel symptoms this early is by asking for others experiences.

And she will be getting a test if you read the damn post it's asking if it's possible PMS symptoms, or if it's possible to feel pregnancy this early...

Because she's not very internet savvy? Doesn't really like using these things? She doesn't even have Facebook, but she asked for my advice and I said I could ask on here which she OKed as the only way she can know if it's possible to feel symptoms this early is by asking for others experiences.

And she will be getting a test if you read the damn post it's asking if it's possible PMS symptoms, or if it's possible to feel pregnancy this early...

It's understandable you are trying to support her, but she should be reaching out to a doctor first with her situation. You can't do anything to help her. This is her mess to sort out, stay out of that drama.

OP, there is no need to be so rude and aggro with people who are trying to help based on what YOU wrote, which implied that you thought YOU could be pregnant. Nowhere in your original post did you mention ... "I am asking on my friend's behalf". We are not psychic. Not mind readers. In future, if you are asking for a friend, then state it in your original post. Thanks.

I apologise for the rudeness but she was getting upset reading the replies and feeling really judged and not helped. No one was answering the part she wanted answered the most, and she's frurstrated and emotional at the moment. It's hard for me to see her upset and feeling like that.

The replies all said yes, she COULD be pregnant, so the only way to find out is a test.

That's not judgement. That's just how it is. There is literally nothing else to answer.

Archived