He’s just dumped me. After 6 years. Just like that.

Herbie123

I posted recently I didn’t know what to do as I was waiting for him to come home. Well now he’s dumped me in a text because I told him he was making me have hope telling me to wait.

I’ve been with him for what seems like my whole life. He works away which has been tough. But we’ve got through 6 months so far. We booked a holiday last week to Thailand for next August. No less than a week later he doesn’t know what he wants anymore. He wants to talk when he’s home.

He has now finally admitted he doesn’t want to be with me anymore because ‘he doesn’t have the same feelings’. He doesn’t think it’ll change or get any better and he has tried.

How on earth am I just supposed to expect this after giving him 6 years of my life. I’m hurt angry upset and DO NOT want to break up.

But I know I can’t make him love me.

Where do I go from here? I don’t know how I’m going to move past this.

But how do you stop talking to someone who’s been your best friend aswell as your boyfriend. For 5 years spending every day together. It is the distance. I’ve said it from the start. I just wish he could see that because I hope one day he regrets it.

And one day i’ll Be strong again and not need him anymore.

I just want him to realise it’s a mistake

I’m usually so good at putting on a smile and carrying on. But I haven’t left my house in 4 days. I no longer care about work, university, eating or sleeping.

It’s been 4 days since I’ve eaten I can’t stop throwing up.

Thank you for your reply. I know it’s meant to get better. But for now I can’t bare it

But how do you stop talking to someone who’s been your best friend aswell as your boyfriend. For 5 years spending every day together. It is the distance. I’ve said it from the start. I just wish he could see that because I hope one day he regrets it.

And one day i’ll Be strong again and not need him anymore.

I just want him to realise it’s a mistake

I’m usually so good at putting on a smile and carrying on. But I haven’t left my house in 4 days. I no longer care about work, university, eating or sleeping.

It’s been 4 days since I’ve eaten I can’t stop throwing up.

Thank you for your reply. I know it’s meant to get better. But for now I can’t bare it

How do you do it? You don't pick up the phone and you block him on social media for your own healing. You don't have to put on a fake smile for anyone. If you are that depressed - where you are willing to lose your job and your standing at the university over this --- counseling is in order. Or you are being dramatic. If you don't feel like going to work, the best thing to do is to get up and go to your job. Sometimes being in your daily routine is healthy and healing. go through the motions

Six years is a long time. Particularly if you were also living together. Neurological science (using MRI scans) shows that images / thoughts of our ex'es register as physical pain. Obsessive Thoughts & "Cravings" are entirely predictable and very real. Your personalities become somewhat intertwined and now it's over you have real feelings of a dismembered limb.

It does take time. NC really helps. You may not feel like you have anything but you have your dignity & self-respect. Do not trade those for one more telephone conversation. Closure comes from within.

Keep coming here to talk, vent and share.

Good luck

I’ve come off social media all together for a while. I feel it’s nice to have a break anyway and I don’t want to be a stalker!

Doubting yourself is the hard. Why wasn’t I good enough? Has he found someone else? Why can’t I be enough?

I have been to the doctors and am waiting for counselling and have been given anti depressants. Which I’m not sure whether I should take?

It’s so hard not to text or call. He wants a ‘hug and a goodbye’ as closure on Friday when he’s home. Because he still loves me and cares and is crying and so hurt he’s hurting me but 100% doesn’t want to get back together.

I don’t think I’m in any mental state be able to see him and then walk away. I don’t want to be a blubbering mess I want to keep some dignity!

Well yes heartbreak is horrendous, I feel like I am grieving a death. But writing on this is giving me some relief. It’s so nice to have a place where strangers come to your aid and offer advice. If only this was the case in real life.

I have his parents calling, his grandparents messaging all telling me I will never not be a part of their family, they love me and they don’t want this either and to go and visit them when I like.

Today is worse.

I’m day 3 of anti depressants and I haven’t slept more than an hour since starting. I just want to sleep to be away from the pain for a few hours. Not laying there going in circles in my head it’s driving me insane.

There making me vomit, and I haven’t eaten in 5 days. I’m terrifying myself. But forcing myself to eat just makes me sick. I’m so weak and tired even moving around the house is exhausting and I can’t stop fidgeting!

When does the light at the end of the tunnel come? I’m trying so hard to be positive. But I’m worried about what I’m doing to my body. And how I’m ever going to be able to go back to work like this.

I was abandoned by my now EX-Wife of 6 years.....I know exactly how you are feeling. EXACTLY.

At first it is the worse feeling ever - even Death sounds better - But its Not. You WILL get through this. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Block everything - and with time you will be OK - take it from me - If i can do it you can do better.

You are worth more than you think - You were not the problem - He is!

It’s positive to hear your doing well. And I am so sorry for what your going through, because my pain is unbearable. It’s sad to see so many others feeling the same.

I feel slightly more positive this evening. I can’t work out why. I think it’s because I have spent the evening with his family. They adore me and were all devestated and crying telling me i’ll Always be welcome and part of the family.

Now I know tomorrow my world will crash down. He will be home from his job for the weekend. And wanting to meet up for a ‘goodbye and a cuddle’. Now I don’t feel I should put myself in this position. But I don’t know how I’m not going to cave in!! all I want is for him to realise he’s having a mid life bloody crisis and sort his head out. He ‘doesn’t know how he feels anymore’ and cannot give any other explanation or reason, to not only me but all the family who have asked.

I just want to sleep tonight. I’m praying my head stops overthinking and heart stops pounding. I need rest after days of sleepless nights and no food.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived