han123

In April I began dating one of my guy friends and things seemed like they were going well. He moved back home to California for the summer (we kept in touch everyday) and then came back to visit for a week in July. On that visit he told me he loved me and wanted to make things official. The trouble was that he was going to be studying abroad for the next 4 months and I knew it was going to be hard to keep the spark going because we don’t have a solid foundation before beginning an LDR. Despite this I knew I was crazy about him and loved him too and agreed to make things official. Now, 3 months in, I find he isn’t as interested. I don’t hear from him as much and the compliments have faded. I had a conversation with him about it a few weeks ago and he agreed the relationship felt off but he was in the wrong and he was going to call me more and put more of an effort into the relationship. That lasted about a week and now it’s back to the boring and stagnant relationship where I feel like he ignores me and doesn’t care. We use Snapchat to keep in touch and he FaceTimes me once a week. A Snapchat takes two seconds to respond to so I know I’m not trying to take up all of his time calling him everyday. I don’t know if I should break up with him due to this feeling of him not caring about the relationship at all, or ask for a break, or to be miserable for the next month and a half until he’s finally back home?? Any advice?

Maybe it wasn't meant to be. But on the other hand, 3/4 of the LDR arrangement is behind you. Maybe you could take some sort of break right now if you feel miserable waiting for his affection, but when he's back then try to see how things stand with you, taking things slowly, and trying to see if you both want to give this thing another chance? Like you said, it didn't have a solid foundation so it was sort of natural things faded on one side, but it doesn't mean you guys can give this another shot and start from the scratch when he's back at home - that is, if both want to, if you feel emotionally exhausted here, you have no obligation to.

Archived