Yikes - I just wet the bed...

Adge

I am 44 this month, and last night I wet my bed

This has never happened before and I am really hoping it's a one-off. I think I may suffer from sleep apnea and that apparently can cause bed-wetting.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've made an appointment with my dr.

Seriously embarrassing...

While I have not had the bed wetting side effect, I have been told by a previous partner that I may have sleep Apnea too. IT has never actually come to anything.

I would suggest following through on the docs appointment and learn what you can about Sleep Apnea. Beyond the bed wetting, what makes you suggest Sleep Apnea? Do you struggle with breathing at night? Are you overweight?

There are many reasons adults might wet the bed, anything from Kidney problems to Urinary tract issues, and even being a problem bed wetter as a kid can lead on to this. Excessive drinking and some drug use can cause this too, sleeping pills even can be a cause. Again your doc will give you all the possible ways.

I'm a 55 year-old woman, and about 10 years ago, I had this problem too. I probably did it a total of 5 times over the course of a couple of years.

There was never any known cause found, but I did find it helpful, and I still to this day, do not drink any water or anything for about an hour prior to falling asleep. Once I feel myself drifting off, I get up and go to the bathroom, and then I end up sleeping a very peaceful...and dry, lol.....night.

While I have not had the bed wetting side effect, I have been told by a previous partner that I may have sleep Apnea too. IT has never actually come to anything.

I would suggest following through on the docs appointment and learn what you can about Sleep Apnea. Beyond the bed wetting, what makes you suggest Sleep Apnea? Do you struggle with breathing at night? Are you overweight?

There are many reasons adults might wet the bed, anything from Kidney problems to Urinary tract issues, and even being a problem bed wetter as a kid can lead on to this. Excessive drinking and some drug use can cause this too, sleeping pills even can be a cause. Again your doc will give you all the possible ways.

Wife says I stop breathing for about half a minute, several times a night, hence the sleep apnea thoughts...

Wife says I stop breathing for about half a minute, several times a night, hence the sleep apnea thoughts...

Yuo, that sounds like Sleep Apnea. But it may not be related to the wetting. Good to get it checked out and hope you don't end up on the breathing machine.

Is she holding a pillow over you face at the time? :smile: Just kidding.

If it happened again I would be concerned. Was it a little leakage or like you emptied your bladder? Weight, diet, new meds and a host of other things could be the culprit.

I hope you don't have to sleep with one of those damn machines on your face.

Lost

• 1 month later...

Archived