Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 39 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal..

Gold Member

Journal..

hi all,

I have seen some people on here comment that it really helps to write a journal of thoughts and a track of progress..
    I hope people don't mind if I can leave my thoughts on here.
    Basically, my ex (of 3 years) split up with me just over 6 weeks ago, saying she wanted to "be on her own for a while".
    Fast forward to last week and I find out that she has already gone official with someone I know (he was actually hovering on my fb for that duration too).
    Devastated isn't the word and it provides a closure of sorts, but boy, does it hurt like hell.
    I aim to never contact her again, it would only cause me more pain and the way she has treated me in the last few weeks I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, but you can't help who you love and fall for, even if it's wrong.
    I guess you could call this my new Day zero with trying to deal with it (no contact for 3 days - I foolishly emailed her when I found out the news).
    This site is a wonderful source of comfort and there are many fantastic people here.
    I don't want to feel sorry for myself, but I feel very weak at the moment.
    As an additional problem, I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone's business and it feels like I was one of the last to find out the "truth".
    I feel abit trapped and alone in my thoughts.
    I need to get over her!!!

Thanks all. I aim to write on this daily.

Sputnik,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please do post on here...I am in torturous pain right now and it does help to read others stories and know that I'm not as alone as I feel...

I will say this about journaling and these forums in general: They are a HUGE and much needed source of support, but it does keep you somewhat attached to your ex and the situation...

But definitely worth doing...

Carus*

Gold Member
    Ah, the wonderful Carus.

Great to hear from you. I have seen many of your thoughtful and insightful posts.

Yes, I see your point about attachment to the situation. I will see how I get on..

Right now it feels unbelievably raw. I haven't seen her in a month and I haven't seen her with him, yet..

I guess I have that to look forward to

Thankyou for your kind words...

I'm trying to help others right now coz I think it does help and takes the focus of your own situation, even if briefly...

But I truly am at rock bottom here and nothing seems to be able to soothe me.....

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day...

If anything, it IS a day closer to better*

Gold Member
    From what I have seen about our situation, there is still genuine reciprocated love on both sides?

Does that give you any source of comfort, even if it's not working out?

I know what you're saying...but sadly no, it just makes it more confusing.....

Gold Member
    I can understand that mate.

You are a true inspiration on this forum.

Gold Member
    Hi all,

The dreaded 3am wake up again, then the dawning realisation.. Mornings are truly horrible!

Yesterday was a slightly better day, but feel melancholy again.

No longer have the hope that I will get a text or call.. Why would I? the truth that she is with someone else is now well known.

Can't bear the thought of seeing them together, but no doubt it will happen soon.

Trying to keep busy, but it's on my mind so much

4 days no contact.

Keep it up buddy. It will get better so long as you don't fall in a heap and keep the rest of your life going.

Their RS will run it's own course and the best thing you can do is be gone and stay gone...

I have little doubt that you will love again...

Give good love. Be the best you can be and you never know what's coming...

The mornings are definitely the worst and I have to force myself out of bed...

When I wake up at those stupid hours I get my phone and listen to stuff on YouTube... Stuff like Chaz Ellis and Mouth of the Ape...This seems to help...

Carus*

Hey Sputnik, Hope you're doin' ok....

As I mentioned, I make YouTube playlists on my iPhone and when I wake up to the horrible reality, at what ever hour, I put these back on...

I found a couple of ones today from the Ape which really soothed me and I thought I would post them here for you. Hope they help:

Page 1 of 39 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice