LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal..

Ha. I'm at work but thanks mate.

I look forward to journaling when I get home later. Today hasn't been toooo bad....

Hope it's being ok for you*

Carus*

EDIT: You were writing at the same time I was lol

It's good to see a bit of anger poking through Sputnik.

Anger is more motivating than the Sadness...that sh*t just stops me in my tracks

I have trouble tapping into anger... I wish I could more...

Anyway, it shows you are moving along

C*

Gold Member
    Hey Carus,
    Good to hear from you.
    Yes, there is anger amongst the sadness now.
    I just need to ensure I channel it in the right direction.
    I'm glad the day wasn't too bad for you.
    Keep going buddy

Hi Sputnik, Carus,

Been reading your thread and meaning to post for a while.

Same situation here, ex of 10 years, lived together for 8, brought our first house 2 years ago. She initiated the split as she didn’t know what she wanted anymore and to go figure it out (I understand that, but it still stings none the less).

Think I’m around 1.5 months NC now, and 3.5 since the breakup. I experienced all the same things you guys are, sadness, anger, some very weird dreams …. But being this far into NC I know I am in a better place than I once was. I still get moments of sadness as is to be expecting having been with someone for that long, but I just try to embrace that storm cloud and let it pass dissipate naturally.

You guys are doing the right thing; keep up the NC and the journaling, and posting on here when you can. It really does get better in time, you can do it keep pushing forward.

Gold Member
    Hi Gettingup,
    Many thanks for your time in posting.
    10 years, living together for 8 - sounds very tough mate.
    In my experience, if someone walks, there is invariably someone else waiting in the wings (regardless of what they tell you at the time).
    Well done on the NC.. I think it does help alot and there usually isn't much of an alternative, is there?!
    Yes, some days are better than others (this weekend has been very tough) and the trick is to keep as busy as possible I guess.
    Writing our thoughts definitely helps and keeps us from the (pointless) ex contact.
    Thanks again Gettingup.

Thankyou Gettinup*

“10 years, living together for 8 - sounds very tough mate.”

Yeah the first couple of weeks post breakup… tough isn’t the word ….. Felt rougher than a badger’s ar$e, it was like walking around with a 2 week Gin hangover. Looking back at it now it’s almost funny that I actually managed to function as a human those two weeks.

“In my experience, if someone walks, there is invariably someone else waiting in the wings (regardless of what they tell you at the time).”

Possible, who knows…. I mean it’s inevitable that would happen at some stage but it’s nothing to do with me now. I’ve just been concentrating on me and doing things I enjoy that I didn’t have the time to do before.

“Well done on the NC.. I think it does help alot and there usually isn't much of an alternative, is there?!”

Cheers mate, you’re defiantly right there, it’s not the first breakup I’ve been through and certainly NC is a powerful thing to truly heal and rediscover oneself.

Things do get better; I know its early days NC for you guys but trust me you well start to feel human again. I am not 100% yet but things gradually get better and I know it will for you too, may not seem it yet but it will.

Gold Member
    Morning all,

10 days NC (and even then it was unanswered e-mail from me).

Why am I still expecting a message back.. What on earth could you even say to me now?!

Got a busy week ahead and no doubt you will still be on my mind.

I love you for what we had, but hate you for what you did.

Happy Monday everyone!

Gold Member
    Hi everyone,
    I hope everyone's NC is going well. Mine now stands at 11 days.
    Had an urge to message this morning, but managed not to. Just remind myself that there is absolutely no point.
    Can't deal with the feeling that the last 3 years meant nothing to her.
    Christmas is fast creeping up on us and need to try and get into the spirit of it.
    The last 3 years we have spent this time together, happy.
    Wishing everyone a good Tuesday.
    Stay strong.

Well everything the same for me buddy. The last 5 xmas with her and the kids. I'm going to work through xmas this year. I may as well....

NC going ok over here mate. Found the gym today so will be starting that up.

Very proud of you for not cracking and contacting her. As you say, there's no point.

Well actually there IS a point... It will make you feel like sh*t again and undo all the work you've done up to this point!

I'm sure the last years meant something to our exs. It's just they started their exit plans way before you and I were even aware of it..!

And as you know, I helped mine through it..!

She can't forget you though. That is physically impossible, unless you get a frontal lobotomy.

Sadly though, just because they think of us from time to time doesn't mean they're gonna come back.....

No Contact is hard, damn hard, and not many people can go through it without cracking.

And so by not contacting her you are sending out the message: I am different. I have strength. I have courage. I have wisdom. I have dignity.

Very attractive traits my friend*

Keep it movin' Brother.
    Carus*

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice