Broken up but not sure what to do

farout

Hello,

A girl and I were going out for about 2 months. It was amazing we were so into eachother and she was due to go backpacking for three months, and I was to join her on the last month. 2 months on 2 months off, seemed tough but we thought we could do it.

Our relationship was really balanced. We both had university, work, sporting commitments and seperate social lives. While she was away she has been sending me dirty videos, however with 1 week to go before I get there she wants to travel just as friends. The previous week she sent me one of those videos and the night before she said she loved me...it was so out of the blue...

I am still going to Europe but I don't know whether I should meet up with her?

My guess is she has met someone on the road. If this was totally out of the blue, and she couldn't give you a clear reason why she called it off, my money is on a third party somewhere.

I would enjoy your time in Europe, but not meet up with her. What is the point? You will have some no-strings fun and see some awesome things..and then go home without her, as her "friend." It's not a good idea.

She's probably been seeing other men on the road. If a woman wants to be friends but you want something more, never compromise yourself. Tell her that your not interested and that she can give you a call if she changes her mind. This one broke it off in a very short time, I'd just let her go. Unless you just want something casual with her, in that case I'd just hang with her for a short while and then take off.

Travel by yourself in Europe, there will be plenty of people to meet and you'll be in more of a position to meet them than if you were travelling with an ex who is now 'friends.'

Archived