Too Much Vitamin B ... And Coffee

Hey guys, so lately and on weekends especially, I've been feeling very wired/wound up, trouble sleeping, a bit "moody" lots of energy.

Last night was out with BF till very late, but woke at six today, and have been going ever since.

Including obsessively posting on this forum!! LOL

I think I know why. Too much Vitamin B! And coffee (make big fresh pot on Sat and Sun, drink all day).

The Vit B -- I take a complex B every day but then I'm drinking "Emergence C" all weekend (I like the flavoring and fizzy) which BF just pointed out is also loaded with Vit B!

So that would explain, right?

I have struggled with mood swings, highs and lows (bipolar 2) so am particularly sensitive to my mood swings, especially this wired-up feeling.

I once didn't sleep for six days! Many years back, it was really bad.

Anyway, anyone familiar with this Emergence C stuff?

I knew it was loaded with C, but did not know about all the B!

*What are the side effects of too much vitamin B?

Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite, hair loss, peeling skin, tingly feeling in or around your mouth, changes in menstrual periods, weight loss, severe headache, muscle or joint pain, severe back pain, blood in your urine, pale skin, and easy bruising *

Probably the coffee or you are rapid cycling ?

*What are the side effects of too much vitamin B?

Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite, hair loss, peeling skin, tingly feeling in or around your mouth, changes in menstrual periods, weight loss, severe headache, muscle or joint pain, severe back pain, blood in your urine, pale skin, and easy bruising *

Probably the coffee or you are rapid cycling ?

Oh my, haven't experienced any of that, thank goodness!

Yeah I was afraid it might be rapid cycling.

But will lay off the coffee and C stuff and see what happens, thanks pippy!

I don't like this anxious feeling and need my beauty sleep!

Do you get panic attacks or feel weak?

Is your urine dark(er).

Can you feel your heart beating?

Major dehydration goes hand and hand with electrolyte loss. (Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, Sodium, etc.)

Drink a Gatoraid, and have your blood tested immediately. (Gatoraid and proper diet takes weeks. If dangerously low on electrolytes you may not have weeks.)

Do you get panic attacks or feel weak?

Is your urine dark(er).

Can you feel your heart beating?

Major dehydration goes hand and hand with electrolyte loss. (Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, Sodium, etc.)

Drink a Gatoraid, and have your blood tested immediately. (Gatoraid and proper diet takes weeks. If dangerously low on electrolytes you may not have weeks.)

Hi Lester, thanks for chiming in!

What do you mean if I am low on electrolytes, I may not have weeks?

In response to your questions, no panic attacks nor do I feel weak.

My urine is light yellow most of the time. Sometimes a bit darker, but after I drink more water it's light again.

Yes I do feel my heart beating sometimes and this scares me!

I recently had blood work done and it was all normal.

Anyway, I think it's too much B vitamin and coffee, Hope so anyway.

I recently bought an infuser to infuse fresh fruit in water. Instead of the fake stuff like Crystal Lite and the Emergenc C.

I've been careless in taking good care, I get on certain "kicks" but then overdo it.

Last year I was on a frozen yogurt kick; it's all I ate for a few weeks!

Then wondered why I felt like crap! lol

I need to get on healthier food kicks!

I often wonder if this is me being a bit self-destructive.

Will have to explore that.

Oh and I can't stand Gatorade. I wouldn't drink that if my life depended on it.

Well maybe if my life depended on it, but surely there must be other alternatives that don't involve so much sugar?

Yes, vitamin B gets your metabolism going, and helps you burn through energy faster. lf you take a ton all at once you'll pee most of it out, but you'll still likely feel the energy.

I wouldn't be scared of the vitamins though. Again, even if you have absurdly high amounts you'll pee most of it out.

As for the coffee, yeah lol that's probably the culprit. If you're planning on going to bed at 11 pm I recommend not drinking coffee past like 3 pm.

Yes, vitamin B gets your metabolism going, and helps you burn through energy faster. lf you take a ton all at once you'll pee most of it out, but you'll still likely feel the energy.

I wouldn't be scared of the vitamins though. Again, even if you have absurdly high amounts you'll pee most of it out.

As for the coffee, yeah lol that's probably the culprit. If you're planning on going to bed at 11 pm I recommend not drinking coffee past like 3 pm.

Tnx, too late for today though.

I feel like utter crap at the moment, but BF is cooking us dinner now, burgers and veggies on grill.

He's so sweet, seriously, very nurturing, love that!

Not that hungry but will eat, it smells yummy!

Hopefully will feel more normal after that.

Nite everyone! Thanks for your Insight.

1 pot of coffee a day, generally speaking, is not healthy. Maybe want to cut it back to a couple cups and see how you fare.

I do take B complex pills everyday but I have for years and I am under medical advisement to do so because I am at risk for deficiency. Most people do fine without the supplements, provided they are eating a halfway decent diet.

Exception: if you are vegan, you really need b12 supplements.

Oh my, haven't experienced any of that, thank goodness!

Yeah I was afraid it might be rapid cycling.

But will lay off the coffee and C stuff and see what happens, thanks pippy!

I don't like this anxious feeling and need my beauty sleep!

You have got me thinking now ...does this vit c drink you take give you energy .... I saw you say it somewhere . I am diagnosed with M.E and Fibro and I tale alsorts of stuff to try and boost my energy , just to get stuff done , the fatigue is like nothing I have ever experienced . I also take Vit B as well . I am not a coffee dinker at all , but I have even started to buy those sachets of latte coffee in the hope that can kick start me .

Anyway , I hope you managed to get some sleep , some restful sleep ...if you are calcining I hope it passes quickly my darling and you hit your *normal* level soon ...x

You have got me thinking now ...does this vit c drink you take give you energy .... I saw you say it somewhere . I am diagnosed with M.E and Fibro and I tale alsorts of stuff to try and boost my energy , just to get stuff done , the fatigue is like nothing I have ever experienced . I also take Vit B as well . I am not a coffee dinker at all , but I have even started to buy those sachets of latte coffee in the hope that can kick start me .

Anyway , I hope you managed to get some sleep , some restful sleep ...if you are calcining I hope it passes quickly my darling and you hit your *normal* level soon ...x

sorry for typo's ..I had just got up ....that was supposed to be cycling

Yes I do feel my heart beating sometimes and this scares me!

This is the coffee. While I don't have experience with an OD on B, I am intimate with caffeine overload. It builds UP in your system, so it can take a long time to flush out.

I didn't know that I had a caffeine problem until I had the heart palpitations, and that scared me, too. I quit caffeine and switched to decaf coffee--which in most cases still contains 'some' caffeine--and I can't taste the difference. If you're concerned about caffeine withdrawal, mix half and half next few pots and then switch entirely to decaf.

This had a beautiful sedative effect on me, almost immediately. I lost the anxiety state I couldn't explain, and my temper returned to my normal 'laid back' self. The reason I know about the buildup is because I'd attempt a return to regular coffee here and there, but the palpitations and stressful feeling would return immediately.

After a few months I could indulge in maybe ONE cup of caffeinated here and there, but I will never go back to the amped up state that I was in. I don't feel deprived, and I still indulge in a small piece of chocolate now and then, but my sleep is sound and I enjoy feeling unstressed and happy again.

About B12; most B12 won't 'live' through the bile in your gut, which is why it's commonly injected instead of prescribed by mouth. Good news is, you now can get new formulas of B12 that encapsulate the compound to release later in your digestive cycle in order to actually gain the benefits of B12. Otherwise, it's just expensive urine. One good brand of B12 (with other B's for support) is from ProCaps labs.

This is the coffee. While I don't have experience with an OD on B, I am intimate with caffeine overload. It builds UP in your system, so it can take a long time to flush out.

I didn't know that I had a caffeine problem until I had the heart palpitations, and that scared me, too. I quit caffeine and switched to decaf coffee--which in most cases still contains 'some' caffeine--and I can't taste the difference. If you're concerned about caffeine withdrawal, mix half and half next few pots and then switch entirely to decaf.

This had a beautiful sedative effect on me, almost immediately. I lost the anxiety state I couldn't explain, and my temper returned to my normal 'laid back' self. The reason I know about the buildup is because I'd attempt a return to regular coffee here and there, but the palpitations and stressful feeling would return immediately.

After a few months I could indulge in maybe ONE cup of caffeinated here and there, but I will never go back to the amped up state that I was in. I don't feel deprived, and I still indulge in a small piece of chocolate now and then, but my sleep is sound and I enjoy feeling unstressed and happy again.

About B12; most B12 won't 'live' through the bile in your gut, which is why it's commonly injected instead of prescribed by mouth. Good news is, you now can get new formulas of B12 that encapsulate the compound to release later in your digestive cycle in order to actually gain the benefits of B12. Otherwise, it's just expensive urine. One good brand of B12 (with other B's for support) is from ProCaps labs.

Maybe that is why it caused me issues? I don’t have a gallbladder .

I know but I like the flavoring and fizzy and gives me a boost of energy!

I overdo it though. Not realizing it's loaded with B!

It's listed on the front of the package: "7 B Vitamins", "Antioxidants Vitamin C Manganese Zinc", "Electrolytes"

Dosage listed: "Ages 14 and up, one (1) packet daily... Do not exceed suggested use. If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your doctor before use."

Archived