Making the right decision?

Ollieheidi

Hi. I have a big decision to make. My boyfriend and I moved in together this year. It has been good for our relationship in some ways but it's draining me financially and even emotionally. I am only 21 and he's 19. He's been moved out of his parents since he was 17 years old. I just moved out this year. I find myself visiting my family a lot because I am usually lonely. He works nights and I work mornings. I always find myself stressing out about school. I want to start nursing but it's gonna be so much money and I don't have that money. My parents would let me move back home, they really want me to. So it would make life a lot easier for me to live home without paying rent and groceries. He always complains about not making enough money as well and it's making me doubt us living together now is gonna end up good. I feel that I should just move out and he should too and we should just save and finish college and then move in together after school. He doesn't feel that way though. He wants me to stay and live with him. It's hard to move out without him supporting my decision because I feel that I'm doing something wrong. Im afraid he will cheat or break up with me if I leave. Or maybe move far away because the city we live in is expensive. But if I stay, I feel like I will always be living in an apartment. I also feel held back. I always clean the apartment and make food for me and him. I feel like I am married already and I just want to travel and study. I love him so much and it's so hard to move out and let go. But I am not happy. I know my heart wants him but it also wants to be free and be happy. I love sleeping and cuddling with him every night and hanging out with him. It is fun living together but my head is smarter and telling me to leave to save up money. How do I handle this situation? He says if I move out his parents won't let him move back in so I am worried about him too

You can always get another boyfriend, especially at your age. You only get one future, though. Do what's best for you. He can find a roommate like the rest of us have had to do at one point or another. I'm assuming you two have a lease, so he's got a set date you two are finished and he'd have to find other accommodations by.

Is there a chance it'll end your relationship? Sure. No doubt it would suck, but you're still doing what's necessary for you. Making big decisions is what you have your big girl pants for.

Just one of the many forks in the road you'll experience in life.

Archived